If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Stingray Boats

Stingray Boats

I have a friend who's contemplating the purchase of an 03, 22ft., 350 MPI, Bravo One, only 17hrs. Dealer say's boat will run 65 mph and it's in perfect condition. Dealer is asking about 29K. Any comments good or bad about these boats before we go look at it. It's about a 4 hr. drive from were we live. Almost forgot, it comes with an 03 tandem axle trailer.

Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB

Re: Stingray Boats

From what I have seen, they stay together well, and build quality is average or better. Go over everything on the one you are looking at though. I like their looks, and nearly bought a 230SX with the 502 in it several years ago. Its really meant to be a lake boat. Anything over 2 feet is really going to give you a pounding.
    Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-15-2004 at 07:35 PM.

My Boats:
    1997 Cig Kevlar - powered by Boyd
    Iowa - Missouri

I owned a 1977 220sx bought it new. was a nice lake and river boat. Ran 60 with a 350 mag. Was nice boat but not an offshore boat by any means but pulled tubes and skiers and did fine on the Missouri and some of the lakes around Iowa and Nebraska.

St. Louis

I have a buddy that has the same boat, and he love the way it drives and it is fast for a 350, if your buddy doesnt like that one, PM me, my friends is for sale as well and it is extreamly clean and well taken care of, on a trailer and has threw hull exhaust.

Call me if interested

There's a reason it will run 65 on a 350 MAG. They're light. A buddy has a 22 cuddy Stingray (93 or so). Maybe an OK lake boat, but not a big water hull. Buddy's pedestal seats are lagged in (not thru-bolted) and get loose everytime out. One tore out of the floor once too. It rides poorly in anyting over 1' seas and EVERYTHING is loose and flexing after a day on the water LAke St. Clair in MI. From what I've seen, they're entry level boats at best. The price sounds pretty high too. The 93 sold for 6K with 115 hours on it.