Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Magic duplicated my boat in seconds flat! >

Magic duplicated my boat in seconds flat!

Notices

Magic duplicated my boat in seconds flat!

Old 08-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Magic duplicated my boat in seconds flat!

Roflmao...... ahem....... just to liven things up a little more..... APACHE!..... hahahahahahahahahahhahahahaa...... And now a word from our number one ham fisted lead power boat tester.....
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

In case you didn't know; PB and most other magazines when testing a boat that has negative issues, will contact the builder of the boat and tell them of the problems. If they can and/or will fix the problem then fine. If they don't then the magazine will report on the negative aspect.

It's a business and a fine balance between the consumer and the builder. When's the last time you ever read a mag talk about any bike, car, boat etc and say it's a piece of sh!t!? Car and Driver said the Yugo was a nice economy car!! Yea, OK!!

PB as well as other mags ad negative comments about different areas. But you'll never see any mag saying a product is a total pile.

Now, back to the problem at hand....F*ck Magic for screwing Chris like that
Old 08-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

T2x,
It would be great to hear you talk about stuff, West coast/ East Coast boats, stepp hulls, V-bottoms/ cats etc........ BUT with an "UNBIASED" opinion. Thatwould be nice.

back to the original topic..........
Chris,
I wish you the best with your ordeal.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Old
Yup....a buck and Bob's opinion will get ya decent cup of coffee.

I don't want to get into the east coast/west coast debate. But you guys are really discussing boats designed for different markets. You have the Havasu lake boat on the west coast [for the most part] and you have the hardcore offshore boat on the east.

If you want to go fast on Havasu, couldn't you do that in a Sanger or Rayson Craft?

But please....no more about Mr Teagues endorsements. That same buck you can buy that cup of coffee with can buy you a Teague seal of approval.

If you tryed to run a Sanger or Rayson craft on Havasu most days you would either get the $hit beat out of you, or you would sink the boat. Maybe North or South of the lake where you have protected smooth water, but not on the main part of the lake.

As far as Teague's comments, once again I never stated I read them in P.B Mag. As a matter of fact I believe he ordered a 29 after testing one for his personal boat.

I have nothing to gain from this argument, and I have had my problems with DCB in the past (that are now worked out), but they do build a nice boat for what they are built to do.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

KCG,

Give us one shot at selling you a boat that you can run offshore and in the lakes. The paint scheme will be untouchable......and it wont fade after a couple of months in that Hot West coast sun (like gel coat). seriously, Not only will the price be right it will be Faster than the DCB. And you will get a written agreement that Spectre will never duplicate your paint scheme unless you authorize it.

References available upon request. (West Coast one as well)

Maximus
727-542-6927
Old 08-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Too Old
I don't disagree that DCB builds a nice boat. They aren't cheap, the rigging looks first class and I know at least one former Cigarette owner on this forum that just bought a DCB cat and will be boating at least part of the time on LOTO. And there's no denying that's one rough body of water.

You know, I read this hilarious thread all the way through only laughing diet soda through my nose once!
I thought that was pretty good.
Experts abound, few with a clue. Such seems to be the way of internet boating forums (and all others, I suspect).

Normally I would jump in on this East coast /West of Denver boat BS, but to be honest, I have been having way too much fun on my VERY fast, VERY stable, VERY well built boat to give a sh*t what some rabid Skater fan thinks. Or anyone else for that matter.
Enjoy your debate, I'm going boating.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, and that sucks that someone stole your design.
And if any other boat company says they won't copy a design, it's because they haven't been offered enough money yet.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kcgbjc
My ultimate goal is to run with the big boys of SCOPE however, I do not yet have the budget to carry a true ocean going vessel. I need one now that will be used on the ocean a few times a year while boating Havasu a couple/few weekends a month.

I'm even looking at some 28-29' V Hulls. Hell for price and insurance purposes, that would definitely be a better bet.

A 30' Spectre with twin 300X's would get the job done, and the cost would most likely be in the area where you could swing it. I would talk to Maximus, and at least look at the option. They make a really nice proven hull, I love mine and bought the boat from Maximus. Im actually looking into purchasing a 30' Spectre with twin 300X's just for Havasu and keep my 36' close to the salt where it belongs.