Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Aronow edeucation. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84667-aronow-edeucation.html)

Cord 08-07-2004 07:41 AM

Re: Aronow edeucation.

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Cord, you buying soon???

Wasn't really planning on it. We're just kicking tires trying to see what we like. The getcha is that we don't want twins.

Downtown42 08-07-2004 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Cord
Wasn't really planning on it. We're just kicking tires trying to see what we like. The getcha is that we don't want twins.

Sounds like fun! Lot's of deals out there. :)

Ed 08-07-2004 12:16 PM

The Sqaudron Xll 39 defineately was tooled with wider lifting strakes than the 39 Cigarette. Bob Saccenti brought this to my attention first, back in the day. He should know, he piloted that one with Kilpatrick. He also mentioned he prefered the Cigarettes strake width. Ed :)

apache21 08-07-2004 01:55 PM

They also made a 24

Cord 08-07-2004 05:20 PM

Anybody know of some project 27's laying around?

Lee 08-10-2004 08:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic, As with most Squadron XII's I have seen people affix Cigarette logo's on them.

Scott 08-10-2004 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by cbdragon
27, 33 and 39 but not the Cigarette 39. The 39 Cig was a different mold for the hull and deck. cb

Re: Why So Many New 39 V Bottoms???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from the 39' thread
"It's called Penis Envy. We started this entire 39' craze. It's too bad no one else in the industry can come up with a original idea. Fancy colors, too many gauges, too many steps, too many deaths from ill handling flipping hull designs. Why not buy a real, well built, state of the art SAFE, TURNING, offshore boat?????????????????????????????????????????????/"

"Try selling more T-Shirts; You obviously cant come up with original boat designs."

Sorry I must of read this post wrong in the other thread I thought you guys invented the 39 footer. :rolleyes:

Sorry but obviously this post struck me wrong from such a "class act" :(

Sean 08-10-2004 09:42 AM

lee,

that boat is a cig...not a squadron...the squadron never had that "step" in the rubrail...and squdrons were built in 81-82. and the dry martini is a squadron as i noted by looking at the HIN.

cbdragon as always is correct on the lenghts of the squadrons, but as my literature shows, they did advertise a 24...but use the same pic as the 27...so i dont know if they actually built a 24..

sean

Lee 08-10-2004 10:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sean, The H.I.N.# prefix is "XEX", which is a Squadron XII.
This picture will make things even more confusing, notice it is called a 39' Cigarette "Squadron" not a 39' Squadron XII

Lee 08-10-2004 10:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Some more pics