Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Latest Hurricane? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86230-latest-hurricane.html)

gdfatha 09-04-2004 12:26 PM

Re: Latest Hurricane?

I just had one of Phantom1s beers left over from Sarasota.. :p

KLAATU: UPS tracking says the delivery is held at:
9/3/2004 4:00:00 AM ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS DELAY HIALEAH, FL US
9/3/2004 3:00:00 AM ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS DELAY ORLANDO, FL US
9/3/2004 12:26:00 AM LOCATION SCAN ORLANDO, FL US
9/3/2004 12:15:00 AM UNLOAD SCAN ORLANDO, FL US
9/2/2004 11:14:00 PM ARRIVAL SCAN ORLANDO, FL US
9/2/2004 10:13:00 PM DEPARTURE SCAN ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL US
9/2/2004 8:27:00 PM ORIGIN SCAN ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL US
9/2/2004 5:20:00 PM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED US

Nasty happy to hear all is well so far....Good luck on the next ride..
We had a burst and a quick power clitch about an hour ago. Sun is shining as we speak..

Take care every body..

Formula Outlaw 09-04-2004 12:57 PM

Winds are starting to pick up a little here but really nothing so far. I went out and looked at the street sign post about five feet from where I have Outlaw parked. Wiggled it by hand and didn't like the feel of it. So I sank a couple of tire irons at a hard angle as stakes, took some dock lines, and tied it off. Now it's solid as hell. Didn't want that to end up blowing over and taking a huge chunk of glass' out of the boat.

I thought about just chaining the truck to it and pulling it out, but in broad daylight the neighbors would see me and the county would probably get pissed off, so I tied it down. I feel so civic minded. :D :D

berns29scarab 09-04-2004 01:01 PM

i would put some water in the bilge to help with stability and weight...just not to much

cuda 09-04-2004 02:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've moved the fleet into battle positions, and battened down the hatches.

cuda 09-04-2004 02:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The river is right at the bottom of my dock now. It's the highest it's been since we moved here.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 09-04-2004 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by cuda
I've moved the fleet into battle positions, and battened down the hatches.

Cuda, Just a thought....

Would it help to put the 2 smaller boat as close together as possible, put a few bumpers between them then tie them both together?

Sort of making it one big unit versus two smaller ones. It just may help from one of them getting blown away with severe gusts....

cuda 09-04-2004 02:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Cuda, Just a thought....

Would it help to put the 2 smaller boat as close together as possible, put a few bumpers between them then tie them both together?

Sort of making it one big unit versus two smaller ones. It just may help from one of them getting blown away with severe gusts....

We shouldn't get anywhere near that high of wind, I'm mostly trying to get them away from falling trees.

Chuck just finished another stand, it's so much sturdier than on the jack.

cuda 09-04-2004 02:39 PM

They are calling for 25 foot seas farther south on top of a ten foot tidal surge. There is going to be a lot of beach lost to this storm. :(

Dirty Race Girl 09-04-2004 03:00 PM

We only had one little band of rain and 25 mph hour winds through the outskirts of Tampa, about 1pm or so. Looks like Brevard County is about to get hit with a pretty bad feeder band (80-100 mph winds).

I'm all for knowing what is going on with this storm, but when reporters have to be anchored to a truck, with a rope, to do their report, so they don't freaking blow away, I question peoples sanity.

Reporter: "This is not a storm to take lightly. Take cover. Stay inside where it is safe" (as he blows out of the picture). WTF??? :eek:

cuda 09-04-2004 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Chuck is running out of material to build stands with. He's resorted to natural wood! :cool: