Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Latest Hurricane? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86230-latest-hurricane.html)

CMG 09-02-2004 11:42 AM

Re: Latest Hurricane?

Originally Posted by kitten
You better make sure YOU are still around! Fill the bilge with H20 to weight the boat DOWN!! :rolleyes:

Isn't that like flicking matches on to a forest fire???? :(

kitten 09-02-2004 11:44 AM

Mandatory evacuations (350,000) Miamis Beaches, ALL Mobile homes- county wide. Schools closed tomorrow, used as shelters. Stay safe people,
and zero tolerance for looters.

Steve- secure the servers, will you pull the plug? :eek:

IDRPSTF 09-02-2004 11:47 AM

A good friend told me the only way to keep your boat around in these, is to trailer sink them. Is anyone doing that?

kitten 09-02-2004 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by CMG
Isn't that like flicking matches on to a forest fire???? :(

You would be surprised at how much water weighs, it can really help. Eighteen boats on trailers and none lost yet, fyi. :mad: lol

Sin-D 09-02-2004 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
I have a stupid QUESTION.... My parents have a place outside Stuart (Indian Town).... This may seem weird but where is the safest place in the house to hide some valuables from the storm.... Their neighbor is going to go over and suggested to put them in the Fridge or Oven.... :eek: What do you all think?

Speed Girl-have them place him in a water tight container and then they can put that in the dishwasher. Otherwise have them store stuff in in interior room (bathroom, closet) that doesn't have any windows and preferably not on an exposed outside wall). I live in Port St. Lucie and work in Jensen Beach. Alot of people are still out looking for essential supplies.

SpeedGirl 09-02-2004 12:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:eek: :eek: She looks like she is growing!

CigDaze 09-02-2004 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by IceAngel
GUYS AND GIRLS PLEASE BE CAREFUL. Hey not to divert from the east coasters problems because my heart and prayers are with all of you, but can someone let me know what they are saying about the west coast (Ft. Myers area) since it looks like it could hammer the entire south of FL. I have family down there and I was just wondering because I can't seem to catch anything about it on the news

According to the latest NOAA data and computer models, Ft. Myers will be okay this time. However, we all know that these storms can take some wild turns at the last minute, so the predictions are only a rough guide.

Bam Bam 09-02-2004 12:29 PM

Everyone please be safe, I will be thinking about you this weekend.

IceAngel 09-02-2004 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Baja Daze
According to the latest NOAA data and computer models, Ft. Myers will be okay this time. However, we all know that these storms can take some wild turns at the last minute, so the predictions are only a rough guide.

Thanks so much for the info, if anyone hears anything else let me know Please and Thank you

DJD 09-02-2004 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The latest storm track is showing landfall to be somewhere between West Palm and Fort Pierce.
Here are a couple of "before" shots of the ocean/inlet from the rear terrace of our place in Stuart, smack inbetween West Palm & Ft. Pierce