Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami Vice...Whats in a name? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87305-miami-vice-whats-name.html)

IDRPSTF 09-21-2004 04:06 PM

Re: Miami Vice...Whats in a name?

4 out of 4.

You Get the norty trophy (Be carefull, its too short to see if its up on a mantle).

IDRPSTF 09-21-2004 04:08 PM

Gina was Peurto Rican.

And like every true Peurto Rican... She had a Jersey Accent

IDRPSTF 09-21-2004 04:10 PM

Q. What was Iggys last "Scam"?
(Hint: immortality)
Q. What kind of house did Glenn Frey Live in?

Die Hard bonus question:
Q. What color and kind of car did Phil Colins drive on the show?

free 09-21-2004 05:38 PM

The Bren Ten was only used for the first season and maybe a part of the second season. From then on Crockett used a Smith and Wesson model 645, except when he had amnesia, then he used the Bren Ten again.

Rico was Ricardo Tubbs nickname given to him by Crockett. Raphael Tubbs was Ricos brother who was a homicide cop in New York killed by Calderones henchmen. Rico worked Armed robbery in New York.

Izzy was trying to sell cryogenics to the japanese, using the suspended animation capsule of a deceased rock star as a demo.

Crockett calls his exwife Caroline while enroute to catch Calderone leaving the country in the Chaulks plane but I believe that was in the pilot.

I thought Gina was of Cuban descent since her mother sang at clubs in Cuba during the 50s when she was newborn. Could be wrong here tho.

Caroline and Billy were going to move to Chicago.

Frank Zappa was a villain that was not caught or killed in "Payback" which incidentally was the episode from some of the quotes I posted earlier. Roberto Duran was Morotto who killed himself in prison in front of Crockett at the beginning of the episode.

Glen Frey lived in a non flying Airplane.

Also, Big Booty Trudy's real life brother played defensive cornerback for the Miami Dolphins during MV's run. :)

IDRPSTF 09-21-2004 05:45 PM

We have a winner. You sir...need a life!

Sydwayz 09-21-2004 07:37 PM

Fook me Free, I give in. You win. :D

Rippem 09-21-2004 07:52 PM

Free is the man!!

laster 09-21-2004 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
What addiction did Larry get caught for?

Damn, I'm old. Can't remember much either. But, Larry wasn't addicted to anything I know of, it was Stan who was addicted to gambling and whose idol was "the king". Now, what actor played Crockett's first partner (only appeared in the first episode)?

laster 09-21-2004 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by rainmn
^ Q6 - Iggy.

OK, so I'm a little behind. But wasn't his name Izzy?

laster 09-21-2004 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
11. Who was Larrys Idol?

12. How did Zito die?

13. Name the two informants that re-accured in many eposodes (Hint Black Crack Head that married a white stripper in the strip club, and no.2 is a Columbian with a funny mustache).

14. What rock Star played a televangelist (sp?) with a magic power over Trudy?

15. What was Crocketts sons name?

The black informant in #13 was Noogie