Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cabin or No cabin, you help me decide (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88685-cabin-no-cabin-you-help-me-decide.html)

pullmytrigger 10-15-2004 05:16 PM

Re: Cabin or No cabin, you help me decide

If it were meeeeeee.........

I would make a simple fully enclosed head (had it on the Donzi, miss it badly on the Fountain...great when rafting up)

I would make a HUUUUGE V berth....again simple but BIG....someplace you can really stretch out......

And a simple facing lounge .......for changing....etc

I find alot of cabins try to do too much (cook, wash dishes, bathroom, sleep, storage) but dont do a really good job at any of them.....figure out what you need it to do and make it do a good job at it.......doug

cuda 10-15-2004 10:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's what the cabin of a 302 originally looks like. The door on the right is an enclosed head.

R Addiction 10-15-2004 11:03 PM

Looks nice Cuda! :D

cuda 10-16-2004 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Too Old
Something time consuming....... :D :D :drink:

At Jon's current rate, that could be just changing the registration sticker! :eek:

Audiofn 10-16-2004 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Too Old
Finish the cabin. Something elaborate. Something time consuming....... :D :D :drink:

Ah Fred Fred Fred I have a pair of new mills on the way over from San Fran :D:D You and I both get the new winter to finish up.... I am willing to bet that summer will be back faster then you and I think. :D:D

R Addiction 10-17-2004 07:47 AM

I hope you guys think REAL fast.. :( :( :(

MarkSmith 10-20-2004 07:34 AM

The boat without a cabin will require less trim on the drive to raise the bow. The more weight you have toward the front of the boat, the harder to trim. You should notice a big difference in speed.

Mark

Love Machine 10-20-2004 07:49 AM

Less maint., less things to break, less weight up front, more storage for tools, lines, fenders, and stuff. The only thing to consider is how many babes do you take out? I'm assuming you take out so many babes that you have less time to work on the boat. I'm guessing that's why everyone is teasing you about you restoration to boating ratio.

If that's the case you should leave the head in tack, so they can pee.

Of course, I used to make my wife pee on the swim platform of my first boat and wash it off with sea water. :D Ok, lose the head too!

:crazy:

Hey GLH, which Sunseeker did you look at down at Goosebay? Was it Kort Randalls? Are ya gunna buy it?

Love Machine 10-20-2004 07:51 AM

Oh yeah, if you don't finish it then you will have more money for gas and condoms! Who needs a cabin when you have a sunpad! :drink:

damdonzi 10-20-2004 12:56 PM

Jon I voted don't finish it -but something light and minimal (and hopefully less expensive) could give you a better indication if you want to trick it out later on. But who am I to talk? I'm still waiting (Saturday it leaves FLA they tell me) for my damn arch to show up so we can put the stereo in. :rolleyes: