If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum Member Platinum Member timewarp's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2002 Spectre 30,300X's

Re: Trailering width restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Mentalpause
    Thanks for all the responses. My guess is I will be ok with 8'9" on the boat at its widest point, the trailer will probably still be 8'6".

More interesting from the site above is the trailer length limits, many of them 40 feet. The boat is 43', so the trailer is going to be upwards to 46-48 feet. Makes me wonder how sticky the officers will be on the length.
    I don't think they will hassle you about the length unless you are towing it with something that's longer than a Pickup truck, if you tow it with a 40' motorhome they will probably stop you.

My Boats:
    1990 Baja 190 DSR
    Lewis Center, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by eliminator219
    You are one lucky person or you really have a give of Gab. My trailer is 8' 6". Going to a Poker run in Ohio I had the occasion to be stop on the Ohio pike. The Trooper actually measured the boat and found out that my Cat had a inch and a half overhang on each side on the gunnels and he had us go to the next exit and get a special ticket for over size.. Think he had a badge on his underwear also, Gungho!! However, I have pulled the same outfit back and forth to Nevada severial times..But Damm you at 12 feet!!
    I was told by a deputy sheriff that you can be wider than legal limit without a permit and have someone who is high on crack, drunk out of their mind, smoking a joint, and you are the one who will be cited for fault in the accident.

Spring, TX

I have pulled several Skaters up to 32' to AZ and NV from Houston with no problem....The one going to FL I got a permit for, from what I have seen is going west you will have no problems....Going east you might get away with it but I would'nt take the chance

My Boats:
    Big beatdown pontoon boat. Bring your own fenders.
    Phoenix, AZ

102" is the law on interstates. Enforcement is subjective. 106-109 might slip through... 12 ft??? 144" is probably going to be a little more than noticable, especially when you're wiping traffic control off the face of any construction jobs. Traffic control can prove to be a little hard on fiberglass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12