Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Considering New Nor-Tech. Need opinions (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/89745-considering-new-nor-tech-need-opinions.html)

open87 11-11-2004 06:41 PM

Re: Considering New Nor-Tech. Need opinions

the eliminator has been sold :eek:

Young Performance 11-11-2004 11:25 PM

3DO,
As I said in my last post, we are not interested in any bigger speed numbers in an open cockpit boat. Actually the motors were dynoed on 91 octane fuel. They have knock sensors that protect the motor in the event of detonation. If the computer senses knock, it will pull out timing and richen the motor. We can't keep transmissions together now, so we don't want to add additional strain with more gears and prop. This is a pleasure boat after all.
Eddie

Wasabe 11-12-2004 01:12 AM

Hey Jinbo! :p

racer-x6 11-12-2004 08:15 AM

OPEN72, It was not intended to be a tasteless comment, it was a real question?
IF YOU READ THIS TREAD AND OTHERS YOU HAVE BEEN REFERRED TO AS ALL THE ABOVE AND I don't know you so it was a serious question.

tayboat 11-12-2004 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sean H
tayboat, has this helped you with your decision at all? afterall, this thread started with a guy looking for a nice boat and turned into a pissing match over who builds the best motor... :rolleyes:

Sean H-
Yes, it has been helpful and entertaining!

Thanks!

Mac 11-12-2004 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by totalmp
Nortech is truly a cut above. We just ordered 3 of them at the Ft. Lauderdale show. The boats are now avaiable with TMP EFI engines(up to 1500 HP) from the factory. Give Randy Sweers a call or check out Fastboats.com.

Gator is right, we haven't been touched by a Skater or MTI either. The new 3600 we're building will have TMP 1600 EFI's, and several tricks to make it outperform any other cat on the water. Besides, these boats destroy rough water.

I whole heartly agree Nor-Tech is a great boat! BUUUUT this statement is out there! I have a 42 Fountain with 1100 Cobras 116mph Boat is for sale in the classifieds , I have bought my first cat, i now also own the 44MTI Rare Breed boat. I have been performance boating since 1978 , I held several national drag boat records, I have had 3 100+ mph Fountains, so i would like to think I am not new at hearing BULL**** like this! How about a race ? 1 mile , you will be running BEYOND REASON a 32 Skater. Leon says BRING IT ON! I am not trying to bad mouth anyone here, I totally admire your boat and motor set-up. But no Skater or MTI going by you? Hell lets RUN-EM!

RJATX71 11-12-2004 06:40 PM

Sounds like the word is finally out from coast to coast about the TMP horsepower/MPH Bull****.

Smarty 11-12-2004 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by CobraFountain
I whole heartly agree Nor-Tech is a great boat! BUUUUT this statement is out there! I have a 42 Fountain with 1100 Cobras 116mph Boat is for sale in the classifieds , I have bought my first cat, i now also own the 44MTI Rare Breed boat. I have been performance boating since 1978 , I held several national drag boat records, I have had 3 100+ mph Fountains, so i would like to think I am not new at hearing BULL**** like this! How about a race ? 1 mile , you will be running BEYOND REASON a 32 Skater. Leon says BRING IT ON! I am not trying to bad mouth anyone here, I totally admire your boat and motor set-up. But no Skater or MTI going by you? Hell lets RUN-EM!

Now that's what I like! Go get-em!

vette131 11-12-2004 09:20 PM

the guys at tmp tried to set up a radar run on oso & no one came up with the money to run. for a nice stack of cash david & meritt will be glad to call your bluff.call 985-649-9888 & set it up. the motors have been taken out of the boat to get ready for the new canopy boat, but i'll be glad to work some ot to help put them back in if somebody wants to back up there bragging with cash. make the call i'm bored!!!!

X-Rated30 11-13-2004 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by CobraFountain
Hell lets RUN-EM!

Sounds like the way to settle it. I was up for going to the TMP radar run (back when I was a boat owner :drink: ) but it never materialized. I have spoken with the folks at TMP and they seemed nice enough. However, I WOULD like to see a pleasure boat MTI/Skater/Nor-tech showdown. :cool: