Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My first boat race (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91562-my-first-boat-race.html)

thedonz 07-21-2006 04:03 PM

Re: My first boat race

Mark how long have you had that pinky ring :D ....let me guess from the good ole days huh

mike

Stormrider 07-21-2006 04:04 PM

mm, is that why that 35magnum/apache w/ the butt ugly paintjob was across from there... near Lakes' shop? i think that was owned by Charlie Pegadus(sp)?

littlenige 07-22-2006 04:13 AM

Ditto the old shots - keep ém comin´!!!!!!!!!!!!! Classic stuff.

Black Tornado 07-22-2006 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by littlenige
Hi Charlie - as you can see I've been digging through some of the old threads. I think I may have solved the mystery over the Cig 36! Below are two pictures of 'Thunder' , when it was over racing in Cowes in 1978 I think. I believe Bill Elswick was driver with Angelo Meli on board too. Although the strut running across the engine bay is different in my shot, everything else ties in. The running shot of the boat from a distance confirms for me the paint scheme/number and engine cowling vents etc. What do you think? Along the right lines??!!

You're right Nigel!
The two pictures of the engines room came from the same boat,the Bill Elswick's Thunder,former the last Roger Hank's Blondes,the IV(famous for have shoot a Hatteras in 1973).
After the CTC in 1978,Elswick renamed the boat John Player Special with the famous colours black and gold of the tobacco's brand,to race the World Championships race in Mar del Plata in december where it sank and disappear forever.
Elswick registered the boat Performer after little customizations like the new dash windsreen and new engine hatches.

el indio 07-22-2006 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by thedonz
Mark how long have you had that pinky ring :D ....let me guess from the good ole days huh

mike

Good morning Mike..........just a little info............These are the good old days.....just close your eyes...........the ring and matching watch......1977..........time does fly....29 years and 2 more payments on the 41 and she is all mine....ha ha.........mark.....

Panther 07-24-2006 08:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=JOHNNYD454]Love the old pics guys....keep them coming.......QUOTE]

No problem!

Panther 07-24-2006 08:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
more

Panther 07-24-2006 08:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)