V Hulls running 100+ w/525s

Notices

V Hulls running 100+ w/525s

Old 12-10-2004, 03:35 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: V Hulls running 100+ w/525s

Why is a 32' (OK, 33' with a swimstep) Hustler even in the same conversation with the other 39' boats ?

G
Old 12-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hugetime1
madcow tha scare factor is the pleasure in the ride
Not to me. There is a reason roller coasters are so popular. They are fast, exiting, and safe. I don't wasnt my biggest sorce of recreation to be potentaly deadly. BTW are those Arnesons on that Hustler the new bravo coversion they are selling?
Old 12-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

there is no way of comparing a non step boat to a step bottom boat. yea if ya want to go fast with little power in 1-3 foot chops yea or in lakes and stuff ok. but if ya want to play with real mother nature (3-5 foot chop and plus which is where the fun begins) like the ocean or lakes like lake Michigan then there's no way a step bottom boat can handle the waters like a non-step boat. for some reason the new Apache are non-step

donz jr mike
Old 12-10-2004, 06:41 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Originally Posted by thedonz
there is no way of comparing a non step boat to a step bottom boat. yea if ya want to go fast with little power in 1-3 foot chops yea or in lakes and stuff ok. but if ya want to play with real mother nature (3-5 foot chop and plus which is where the fun begins) like the ocean or lakes like lake Michigan then there's no way a step bottom boat can handle the waters like a non-step boat. for some reason the new Apache are non-step

donz jr mike
Suprise ... I'd give you all you can handle and more

G
Old 12-10-2004, 10:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like all the comments on this topic, and I gather that the trend for most mfgs is to increase speed even if it means giving up some comfort. Thats OK with me, I wouldtn't take my boat out in 3-5 foot chop anyway. I would happily run 100mph on 1-2 foot waves any day. But thats just my opinion.

By the way love that Hustler, but I know the first summer I would have it some drunk azz would cut themselves on the drive/props.

WILL
Old 12-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 27Fountain
I like all the comments on this topic, and I gather that the trend for most mfgs is to increase speed even if it means giving up some comfort. Thats OK with me, I wouldtn't take my boat out in 3-5 foot chop anyway. I would happily run 100mph on 1-2 foot waves any day. But thats just my opinion

By the way love that Hustler, but I know the first summer I would have it some drunk azz would cut themselves on the drive/props.

WILL

Last conversation I had with Rik was that he was designing a cover plate like a #6 that goes over the top of the prop for you drunk asses from landing on top of them.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:54 PM
Registered

Anyone have audio/video of the Ilmors?
Old 12-11-2004, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by cigarette1
Why is a 32' (OK, 33' with a swimstep) Hustler even in the same conversation with the other 39' boats ?

G
There may be some older 32 Hustlers out there that may just surprise you.

However,The 39OL is the CatsAZZ. Bottom and layup technology has come along way.

Last edited by caveman; 12-11-2004 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:27 AM
Registered

donz jr mike
I agree. Plus remember that it greatly depends on how the waves are spaced. I can eat up 3-4's on my 25' PP at near full throttle if the waves are close together. More of a big chop than swells. As swells begin to space, length plays a bigger role. I ate up a 30 some foot Avanti with T 250s on 4+ footers between Matheson and Bayside just before the first bridge. He thought he could out run me because of the weather conditions but luckily for me the waves were not swells. This happened on a Sunday the first race of this season. The weather was brutal. The waves were close enough to each other that I could just fly on top of them without getting burried. So I guess it really depends but I would guess that on a V-Bottom there would be no substitute for length and weight.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

donz jr mike
Step bottoms in 3-5s? They do just fine. Ask Gary about the Saturday run he made during the Miami Show.

Bobby

Quick Reply: V Hulls running 100+ w/525s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.