If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Platinum Member Platinum Member Hang Time 27's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1981 Cigarette Squadron 27
    Annapolis, Md

Re: Progressive Insurance Cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by craig223
    From Progressive's website:

The following watercraft types, operators or usage are not eligible for Progressive Direct's Watercraft Program.

Maximum speed greater than 90 mph on bass boats, greater than 70 mph on all other watercraft.

What is more stable...An 89 mph Bass boat or a 72 mph, 10,000lb performance boat

They probably have the bass boat limit that high 'cause I don't think you can buy a bass boat that goes less that 80 anymore..............

"Shoooot, I hears dem boys don't gots time to do no drinkin' neether, cause dey too busy castin' dem dar lurres!!"
    "Racing IS life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting" -- Steve Mcqueen

S.O.B (single O/B) now Platinum Member t500hps's Avatar
    Richmond VA

Smile Re: Progressive Insurance Cancelled

I agree with Craig regarding a 10,000lbs boat, but do you realize the coast guard/ marine patrol claim that bass boats are the safest group of boaters on the water!!! My Father has bought a new bass boat every 3 years since I was born (33 now). The tournaments they fish do not allow alcohol in the boats period, life jackets MUST be worn with the kill switch connected whenever the main engine is running. The drivers are in a hurry to get from A to B and don't spend anytime looking at a skier behind the boat or your girl flashing you while running across the water, they are concentrating on what's in front of them. Although these things are fast they ride suprisingly well and a blast to drive (as long as the chop is 1 ft or less!!!!). Personally, I'll keep my 31 ft hull running twin BBC.
    Russ C.

My Boats:
    '99 Formula 382 Poker Run Special/'05 Formula 260 SS
    Toledo, Ohio/Las Vegas, NV

Quote Originally Posted by 43Thunder
    We are through State Farm. They have insured all the boats I have had. Triples are not easily insured.
    Interesting ... I have been with the same State Farm agent for about 20 years with multiple policies including homeowner's, rental property, a liability umbrella, a BMW, a duallie, 3 corvettes, a 311 Formula, and an RV without ANY claims. They told me flat out they could not insure a 419 Formula with triples.

Platinum Member Platinum Member animalhouse's Avatar
    Warwick, RI

Doorley Agency writes Markel. Had marine policies on several boats, and Markel was the best to deal with. No problem on a 45,000 claim on our Viking, and never a problem with the OL. Would recomend to all

Charter Member # 430 Charter Member kcgbjc's Avatar
    My Boats:
    None, sucks!
    Orange County, So Cal!

Insured with Progressive, Sy. Will talk to if they cancel me for any reason, however, these 10 coverages. Are you saying Progressive is one of these "auto" writers. I have Liability coverage. What am I missing?
    Chris Johnson
    Armed Forces Racing

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234