Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Key West Race "Sony" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/93879-key-west-race-sony.html)

jeaston 01-06-2005 09:03 AM

Key West Race "Sony"

1 Attachment(s)
Interesting design. :drink:

jeaston 01-06-2005 09:46 AM

Re: Key West Race "Sony"

Originally Posted by Fever Mike
Yep, that's Fabio!

Very interesting design, guess it works my list said he was #1. :D :drink:

R Addiction 01-06-2005 10:10 AM

Fabiolous!! I now...that was friggin' stupid!! I'm off today and it is miserable out!! :mad:

jeaston 01-06-2005 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by R Addiction
Fabiolous!! I now...that was friggin' stupid!! I'm off today and it is miserable out!! :mad:

Miserable in OK, have to take a hammer out to break a piece of firewood loose. :( :drink:

CigDaze 01-06-2005 10:59 AM

I especially like the "non-lift-generating" anti-stuff plates. :eek: :D ;)

jeaston 01-06-2005 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Cig Daze
I especially like the "non-lift-generating" anti-stuff plates. :eek: :D ;)

I was wondering what those were :D :drink: :drink:

jboater 01-06-2005 08:41 PM

very cool diesel boat....I was talking with the crew chief in the wet pits....

jeaston 01-09-2005 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by jboater
very cool diesel boat....I was talking with the crew chief in the wet pits....

Was wondering what it had, never made it to the pits. :( :drink:

super termoli 01-10-2005 04:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
hard to believe this is a 10-year old boat. This is the old La Gran Argentina which won two World Championships, I believe it was in 1994 and 95, with Daniel Scioli behind the wheel and Fabio on throttles. Back then, it had a canopy and a two-seater cockpit. Then it was converted to an endurance machine and the current hardtop canopy was added and cockpit configured for four. This is when it broke the Miami-Nassau-Miami record @ 100 mph average speed. Back then, it was powered by four Seatek 10.3 liter twin-turbo diesels which made approx. 1200hp. in race trim and about 1000hp. in endurance runs. Due to changes in rules, it could no longer be raced with four motors so it was repowered with two Isotta Fraschini V12 diesels @ 1300hp. and it won its class in KW this year. It does however show that Fabio pretty much figured out how to make a solid boat if it's still together and competitive after all these years...

jeaston 01-10-2005 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by super termoli
hard to believe this is a 10-year old boat. This is the old La Gran Argentina which won two World Championships, I believe it was in 1994 and 95, with Daniel Scioli behind the wheel and Fabio on throttles. Back then, it had a canopy and a two-seater cockpit. Then it was converted to an endurance machine and the current hardtop canopy was added and cockpit configured for four. This is when it broke the Miami-Nassau-Miami record @ 100 mph average speed. Back then, it was powered by four Seatek 10.3 liter twin-turbo diesels which made approx. 1200hp. in race trim and about 1000hp. in endurance runs. Due to changes in rules, it could no longer be raced with four motors so it was repowered with two Isotta Fraschini V12 diesels @ 1300hp. and it won its class in KW this year. It does however show that Fabio pretty much figured out how to make a solid boat if it's still together and competitive after all these years...

Thankd, did not know that. It looked pretty good for a hull that old, they are doing something right :D