Notices

Yup, We're Done.

Old 01-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 447 Likes on 245 Posts
Default Re: Yup, We're Done.

i under stand you for leaving this sport.....this class of boats(poker run)needs to clean up their act .....u don,t see many speed boats around the big yachts because they are considered water lice ,they often have a great lack of driving,docking and navigating skill and many have a lack of respect for other vessels on the water. i was reinstalling an radar arch for a lady that owned a 100+foot yacht this summer when a poker run came into port with all there usual fanfare and ear splitting noise. she had the crew get all the tenders out of the water quickly and was upset that the hull would have to be scrubbed again ....i asked her why she did not like the speed boats and got an earful.....they are mostly over ego ed men with the SDS(shortdicksyndrome) who need a fiberglass phallic symbol that does not run very well to get everyone to look at them! she was pointing to all the carbon and slime now floating in the marina and leaving a black ring around her boat. these engines are often so rich they won,t idle with out huge amounts of smoke and carbon witch is amplified buy the owner constantly whacking the throttle trying to clean them out ....and people wonder why they get the cold shoulder from other boaters!
Old 01-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer Loved seeing you guys!!!
Old 01-10-2005, 01:07 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

some of this does sound a bit like a eulogy but i think you hafta look at it a different way. For Jim i'm sure this is opening a whole new chapter in boating, steping away from the PR stuff and geting back to actual boating and having fun doing it. W2 wil do just that and i am sure i will be seeing that big yellow Concept out in the Erie islands more often than not. although with my current boat i will have to wait till he stops to catch up an say hi Jim dont forget to check in with us from time to time as i dont think anyone has started a Centercounselsonly.com forum yet see ya on the water!!

by the way. thanks for offering up the remaining shirts, i sent Mary an email.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 01-10-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope this doesn't mean your not going to run LEOPA this year.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Registered

Well, I just got done having all of my WickedWon clothing crogenetically frozen just in case there is a rebirth some time in the future.

I guess I will have to revert back to all my Cigarette clothing. Nothing better than "clearance time" at the Cigarette Trinket Trailer.

BTW, Great post Parnell. Couldn't be more true.

Dan
Old 01-10-2005, 07:37 PM
FireBall

Thumbs down Re: Yup, We're Done.

Originally Posted by baronmarine
very sorry to hear this: i met you two times both times at sabers shop 1 at the old shop and once at the new shop. you were great to talk to and treated me like a friend each time. i always enjoyed seeing your boat in the shop or kicking butt on the water. the porker runs need more people like you guys.
thanks todd
ps: grand haven is no wake to the end of the channel ha ha
my best to you and your wife
Interesting !

Last edited by FireBall; 01-10-2005 at 07:39 PM.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Half Nutz
Well, I just got done having all of my WickedWon clothing crogenetically frozen just in case there is a rebirth some time in the future.

I guess I will have to revert back to all my Cigarette clothing. Nothing better than "clearance time" at the Cigarette Trinket Trailer.

Dan
It's a sad day when you have to retire great t-shirt's like those , I guess the Cigarette shirts will have to do...
Old 01-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Half Nutz

Dan

08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 01-10-2005 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:19 AM
WickedWon

Thanks Parnell, it's funny ,the hardest part about making the decision to sell was let'en my little buddy down. Hopefully the person who buys it will carry on the Saber tradition of running it for the rush vs. bragging rights. Hell, if your all about dockside flash and impressing people who only know Offshore from what they read in magazines this ain't the boat for you ! Jerry's new rig is going to be very special, again, back to basics while hopefully raising the bar a touch. It's going to kill me not being their to run with him, but there are quite a few people I just don't want to deal with and Mary's had it with them. Speaking of Mary, her e-mail got clobbered yesterday ( I hadn't told her about the T shirt give away....WHOA !) She's got alot more requests than shirts but I'm sure she'll respond to everyone letting them know one way or the other.

Again thanks for all the kind words.

PS Corrado, any chance you could photoshop that pic ? Half Nutz, Mary & TwinStep make me look like Mr. Fatface.

And GlassDave, I'm still gonna post what I've learned about High Performance CC's , the good and the bad. Most of the chest-beaters won't read it so I should be safe

SEE YA !

Old 01-11-2005, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the boat listed on this site?? Where can I see the boat and the asking price??

Quick Reply: Yup, We're Done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.