Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chumps n' boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94247-chumps-n-boats.html)

mkramer 01-11-2005 08:02 PM

Re: Chumps n' boats

Originally Posted by JCPERF
You ran into Sean H too? :D

Yep :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

Formula Outlaw 01-11-2005 08:14 PM

I wave at just about everybody, in any kind of boat, even blowbotes. I try to be friendly on the water hoping it's contagious. (I know, I know, I'm in fantasyland here but I still try).

A few times when I've been out just cruising nowhere and exploring I've come across blowbotes who like to flip me off. So I just either turn around or throttle back and settle in right ahead of them, and let them listen to the exhaust rumble in their faces for half an hour or so. And of course I have to occasionally go to neutral and run the rpms up a little, just to clear the motors of course. After I get bored I go on my way.

Now I fully realize this action does not endear "those awful ceegar boats" into the hearts of these blowboaters, however occasionally, you just have to do something back, to keep your own sanity you understand. Besides these blowhards are gonna hate us no matter what we do, so we might as well do something.

If you're gonna get hung as a horsethief, you might as well ride the friggin horse.

JCPERF 01-11-2005 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
I wave at just about everybody, in any kind of boat, even blowbotes. I try to be friendly on the water hoping it's contagious. (I know, I know, I'm in fantasyland here but I still try).

A few times when I've been out just cruising nowhere and exploring I've come across blowbotes who like to flip me off. So I just either turn around or throttle back and settle in right ahead of them, and let them listen to the exhaust rumble in their faces for half an hour or so. And of course I have to occasionally go to neutral and run the rpms up a little, just to clear the motors of course. After I get bored I go on my way.

Now I fully realize this action does not endear "those awful ceegar boats" into the hearts of these blowboaters, however occasionally, you just have to do something back, to keep your own sanity you understand. Besides these blowhards are gonna hate us no matter what we do, so we might as well do something.

If you're gonna get hung as a horsethief, you might as well ride the friggin horse.

They will put down their Clancy novel and their glass of wine just to flip you the bird.

Formula Outlaw 01-11-2005 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
They will put down their Clancy novel and their glass of wine just to flip you the bird.

Guess that's why I read Robert B. Parker's "Spenser" books. And his side kick, Hawk.

stecz20 01-11-2005 08:35 PM

i dont have those kind of problems. people love me and my rig. its good to be wonderful.......

Tantrum 01-11-2005 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20
i dont have those kind of problems. people love me and my rig. its good to be wonderful.......

I suppose as long as the nieghbors dont mind it sitting in the driveway...who would ***** :p

JCPERF 01-11-2005 08:39 PM

I guess your rig has oars. :D

stecz20 01-11-2005 08:41 PM

i do start it up in the driveway when i wash it.....does that count....

Edward R. Cozzi 01-11-2005 08:47 PM

Hey sutphen30:
Every summer I come up to RI and sponsor a Quadra-state Rally where a bunch of us hit 4 states in one day and end up in Block Island overnight. If anybody is interested just let me know.
Last year was a bust, however, because the fog rolled in and the helicopter couldn't find us!

JCPERF 01-11-2005 08:48 PM

i do start it up in the driveway when i wash it.....does that count....

I get more complaints running it in the driveway than anywhere.My neighbor next door gets static or snow on his TV from my MSD ignition. :D