Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Considering a pair a 725+ Zul Engines - Feedback appreciated (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95155-considering-pair-725-zul-engines-feedback-appreciated.html)

DollaBill 01-26-2005 11:27 AM

Re: Considering a pair a 725+ Zul Engines - Feedback appreciated

I have a friend/customer w/ a 38 Cig w/ 750's. The boat runs awesome. 102-103 w/ no blowers and he loves them.

thisistank 01-26-2005 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin Schulte
I have Zul 750's in my boat (out of control, Lipship August 2003 Powerboat) and they are very predictable. More importantly my mechanic is able to get Richie on the phone everytime we have a question or inquiry of why did he do something particulary differnt in assembly. They do run a bit fat on the bottom to make them idle better.

One thing I would also mention is when I went from HP500 power to 750's I had to relearn how to drive again. 750's have lots of torque and you really have to be perfect with the throttles. There is no forgiveness like stock power. You miss a rev once or twice with 750's and you just twisted a gear. I yearn for the days of blissfull ignorance with stock power but I could never go back now. Good luck once you have bigger power you won't want to go back and that's costly. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Kevin

Kevins boat is f*ckin' bad a$$!! Easily one of my top three favorite cigs of all, if not my favorite. Those 750's he has sound like drag motors. The boat and whole package is simply awe inspiring! I've never heard anything like those tunnel rammed 750's and they scoot his boat right along :D It's been rumored to be the fastest naturally asperated TS gun ever built. SICK!!!! If you have any questions you should definately call him. OK, enough stroking Kevin....Kevin get back to work you putz!! :drink:

Summer Heat 01-26-2005 11:41 AM

Man, I know Marti and I have to get over to your lake now. Gotta see that 38 running with Zul power.

Sounds like you are going to rig one nice Fountian

Katapult 01-26-2005 12:02 PM

Just another New York--------Top of the heap A#one thing :evilb:

jayjay 01-26-2005 12:21 PM

Kevin

what sort of torque are thoses 750's putting out? Naturally aspirated?

Marginmn 01-26-2005 01:12 PM

Hey Kevin,

What drives are you running? I am considering Teague's which I hear are a bit beefier than the standar XR's.

Attack 01-26-2005 01:25 PM

Speaking of drives..... and 750 HP.... :cool:

What's best Bravo style option without moving the engines?

Max Machine
IMCO
Konrad
Teague Platinum

I've heard you just have to go through the drives every 50 - 100 hours.

Kevin Schulte 01-26-2005 01:32 PM

I am running XR's ITS with IMCO lowers. I have not had any experience with the other brands mentioned. I do have my drives gone through every 100 hours or so. This is the combination that Lipship set up.

I don't know the answer to your torque question -that's a mechanic question.
I know just enough to be dangerous!!!

Attack 01-26-2005 05:18 PM

Now ... what Bravo style drives are going to hold up best to this power? :eek:

Max Machine
IMCO
Teague Patinum
Konrad

Hauling Trash 01-26-2005 05:24 PM

I got a pair of new 750hp Sterling with no hours ,Complate motors, Just drop in, (Fire sale) ,Great price.

Mike
[email protected]
732-267-4080