Notices

Banana Boat

Old 01-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banana Boat

Im looking at a 24' 1991 Banana Boat, any info on these or a site to do with them? I havent been able to find any info at all on these boats. Any information would be helpful.
BTW this one had a 250 Opti on it. Is that enough power?

Thanks
Will
Old 01-27-2005, 11:11 PM
Registered

Default Re: Banana Boat

There's a Banana Boat section in the Owner's Forum of this site. Check out the link below...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...play.php?f=150

Originally Posted by Fountain47
Im looking at a 24' 1991 Banana Boat, any info on these or a site to do with them? I havent been able to find any info at all on these boats. Any information would be helpful.
BTW this one had a 250 Opti on it. Is that enough power?
Thanks
Will
Old 01-28-2005, 05:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89
There's a Banana Boat section in the Owner's Forum of this site. Check out the link below...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...play.php?f=150
Ask Air Dog..He has a bannana boat!
Old 01-28-2005, 07:12 AM
Registered

Default Fountain 47

Hello Will,

1991 was the second to last year they made the Banana Boat, with the exception of one that was popped out of the mold in 1997.

I have owned my 1989 Banana Boat for 5 years now. It has a single 200hp Mercury. It goes about 55mph, but the amazing thing about them is how they take ocean waves.

They were basically built for racing. With a motor they weigh 3500lbs. Very light and strong. No frills though. Not even a drink holder.

I highly recommend them.

Do you have any photos. Better yet, do you have the serial number. If so I could tell you a lot more of the history of your boat.

There were not many made and between my brother and I we know a little bit about each one.

Hey Blownincome, how have you been?

Chris
Old 01-28-2005, 10:40 PM
Registered

I dont have a serial number or pics, but it is in good condition and there is no rot. It has a used OptiMax 250 on it and he wants 6500$. Ill try to get some more info.

Will
Old 01-29-2005, 06:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Fountain 47

Originally Posted by Air Dog
Hello Will,

1991 was the second to last year they made the Banana Boat, with the exception of one that was popped out of the mold in 1997.

I have owned my 1989 Banana Boat for 5 years now. It has a single 200hp Mercury. It goes about 55mph, but the amazing thing about them is how they take ocean waves.

They were basically built for racing. With a motor they weigh 3500lbs. Very light and strong. No frills though. Not even a drink holder.

I highly recommend them.

Do you have any photos. Better yet, do you have the serial number. If so I could tell you a lot more of the history of your boat.

There were not many made and between my brother and I we know a little bit about each one.

Hey Blownincome, how have you been?

Chris
Not Bad Chris...
Hows Married Life??? Still in Epping?? Got your Power boat mag in the mail a few months back Stuck To Mine(Good Issue Dont know if the mail man was looking at it ) put it back in the mail so hope you got it!...Hey is your unit down there a rental or a condo?? My neighbor is thinking of renting His house (you could park your boat there)..He was relocated to Ca I think he might be selling in the future..Just a heads up!Any way new job starts end of next week..New service manager for East Coast Flightcraft In Middleton Mass..Feel a little like Norm from Cheers Being a tast testor for Bud Any way dont want to Hijack the thread so pm Me..
Latter Bob

Last edited by blownincome; 01-29-2005 at 06:58 AM.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:33 AM
Registered

Will,

What color is it?

Does it come with a trailer?

Where is it located?

Where are you located? I am putting together a Banana Boat reunion event this summer.

Here is a picture of my boat on Marthas Vineyard, Mass.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat-monkey-bizness-vineyard.jpg  
Old 01-29-2005, 09:44 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is one that was for sale last year. We thought it would have beena great contender for the SOB Racing Class. I do not have any further info on this boat though.
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat-sobbanana1.jpg  
Old 01-29-2005, 12:27 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Nope that one is gone.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Will, I hope it,s not Black and at the Cape.......(this one)........The knucklehead selling these two advertised both as 91's. The white one is a 89 and the black one is well ? the hull # are missing.
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat-scan0013.jpg  

Last edited by heatbuzz; 01-30-2005 at 05:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Banana Boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.