Like Tree0Likes

Banana Boat

Reply
Old 01-27-2005, 10:35 PM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3
Banana Boat

Im looking at a 24' 1991 Banana Boat, any info on these or a site to do with them? I havent been able to find any info at all on these boats. Any information would be helpful.
BTW this one had a 250 Opti on it. Is that enough power?

Thanks
Will
Fountain47 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:11 AM
  #2
Registered
 
Jigsaw89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,007
Default Re: Banana Boat

There's a Banana Boat section in the Owner's Forum of this site. Check out the link below...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...play.php?f=150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain47
Im looking at a 24' 1991 Banana Boat, any info on these or a site to do with them? I havent been able to find any info at all on these boats. Any information would be helpful.
BTW this one had a 250 Opti on it. Is that enough power?
Thanks
Will
Jigsaw89 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 06:05 AM
  #3
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
blownincome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Epping N.H.
My Boats: 2003 35 Executioner
Posts: 1,645
Default Re: Banana Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw89
There's a Banana Boat section in the Owner's Forum of this site. Check out the link below...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...play.php?f=150
Ask Air Dog..He has a bannana boat!
blownincome is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 08:12 AM
  #4
Registered
 
Air Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Portsmouth, NH
My Boats: 1988 banana - Sold, 1993 banana - Sold, 1979 banana - Building, 1978 banana - Building, 1972 Cigarette 20 - Sold, 1997 Scarab Sprint - Sold, 1985 Jaguar Stepped Cat, Gaff-Rigged Schooner
Posts: 1,143
Default Fountain 47

Hello Will,

1991 was the second to last year they made the Banana Boat, with the exception of one that was popped out of the mold in 1997.

I have owned my 1989 Banana Boat for 5 years now. It has a single 200hp Mercury. It goes about 55mph, but the amazing thing about them is how they take ocean waves.

They were basically built for racing. With a motor they weigh 3500lbs. Very light and strong. No frills though. Not even a drink holder.

I highly recommend them.

Do you have any photos. Better yet, do you have the serial number. If so I could tell you a lot more of the history of your boat.

There were not many made and between my brother and I we know a little bit about each one.

Hey Blownincome, how have you been?

Chris
Air Dog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 11:40 PM
  #5
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3
Default Re: Banana Boat

I dont have a serial number or pics, but it is in good condition and there is no rot. It has a used OptiMax 250 on it and he wants 6500$. Ill try to get some more info.

Will
Fountain47 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 07:49 AM
  #6
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
blownincome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Epping N.H.
My Boats: 2003 35 Executioner
Posts: 1,645
Default Re: Fountain 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Dog
Hello Will,

1991 was the second to last year they made the Banana Boat, with the exception of one that was popped out of the mold in 1997.

I have owned my 1989 Banana Boat for 5 years now. It has a single 200hp Mercury. It goes about 55mph, but the amazing thing about them is how they take ocean waves.

They were basically built for racing. With a motor they weigh 3500lbs. Very light and strong. No frills though. Not even a drink holder.

I highly recommend them.

Do you have any photos. Better yet, do you have the serial number. If so I could tell you a lot more of the history of your boat.

There were not many made and between my brother and I we know a little bit about each one.

Hey Blownincome, how have you been?

Chris
Not Bad Chris...
Hows Married Life??? Still in Epping?? Got your Power boat mag in the mail a few months back Stuck To Mine(Good Issue Dont know if the mail man was looking at it ) put it back in the mail so hope you got it!...Hey is your unit down there a rental or a condo?? My neighbor is thinking of renting His house (you could park your boat there)..He was relocated to Ca I think he might be selling in the future..Just a heads up!Any way new job starts end of next week..New service manager for East Coast Flightcraft In Middleton Mass..Feel a little like Norm from Cheers Being a tast testor for Bud Any way dont want to Hijack the thread so pm Me..
Latter Bob

Last edited by blownincome; 01-29-2005 at 07:58 AM.
blownincome is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:33 AM
  #7
Registered
 
Air Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Portsmouth, NH
My Boats: 1988 banana - Sold, 1993 banana - Sold, 1979 banana - Building, 1978 banana - Building, 1972 Cigarette 20 - Sold, 1997 Scarab Sprint - Sold, 1985 Jaguar Stepped Cat, Gaff-Rigged Schooner
Posts: 1,143
Default

Will,

What color is it?

Does it come with a trailer?

Where is it located?

Where are you located? I am putting together a Banana Boat reunion event this summer.

Here is a picture of my boat on Marthas Vineyard, Mass.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Banana Boat-monkey-bizness-vineyard.jpg  
Air Dog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 10:44 AM
  #8
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member
 
DPT MOTORSPORTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Beachwood, NJ
My Boats: boatracing,motorsports,boating
Posts: 3,967
Default Re: Banana Boat

Here is one that was for sale last year. We thought it would have beena great contender for the SOB Racing Class. I do not have any further info on this boat though.
Attached Thumbnails
Banana Boat-sobbanana1.jpg  
DPT MOTORSPORTS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:27 PM
  #9
Registered
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bedford N.H.
My Boats: 1978 Banana
Posts: 326
Default Re: Banana Boat

Nope that one is gone.
heatbuzz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:30 PM
  #10
Registered
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bedford N.H.
My Boats: 1978 Banana
Posts: 326
Default Re: Banana Boat

Will, I hope it,s not Black and at the Cape.......(this one)........The knucklehead selling these two advertised both as 91's. The white one is a 89 and the black one is well ? the hull # are missing.
Attached Thumbnails
Banana Boat-scan0013.jpg  

Last edited by heatbuzz; 01-30-2005 at 06:27 AM.
heatbuzz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Air Dog
Banana Boat
42
09-28-2011 06:02 PM
Top Banana
Banana Boat
6
04-18-2006 12:04 PM
dcdlaw
Banana Boat
1
12-18-2005 04:47 PM
TEAMBAJA
Banana Boat
0
11-28-2004 11:15 PM
Too slow
General Boating Discussion
31
11-08-2002 06:13 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.