Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits to try and Break the Speed Record !!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96081-outerlimits-try-break-speed-record.html)

Roger 1 02-08-2005 11:48 AM

Re: Outerlimits to try and Break the Speed Record !!!!

Even if they do break Reggies record, I think that it will be viewed as a blind sided sucker punch. It will have been done just before the show without allowing Reggie time to respond. If this is not the case, then why all the secrecy. When Reggie broke the record this summer, he announced it and invited all intrested partys to participate with plenty of time to prepare.
Outerlimits makes a fine boat and they may very well be able to best Reggies record. I just think they could figure out a better way.

rainmn 02-08-2005 12:02 PM

What boat are they running this time? As of Saturday, XXX was sitting on it's trailer at the AC boat show.

cowisl 02-08-2005 12:04 PM

Its a new boat

damdonzi 02-08-2005 12:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
Outerlimits is always claiming to be the best boat out there. While I think the boats ar quality built and finish very nicely with a bog price tag like most and have heard that there customers are treated second to none that does not equal up to being the best boat out there. Anyone can go fast in a straight line as that has been proved but put together a race-boat put it on a sanctioned course and show that the boats are really something. Skater, Fountain, Phantom, Cigarette have all done it and are still doing it. Man UP, Stop all the Speed Run BS and "SHUT UP AND RACE!!!!!!!

Until then enough with being the fastest boat out there. It's getting old.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Amen.

DollaBill 02-08-2005 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
Outerlimits is always claiming to be the best boat out there. While I think the boats ar quality built and finish very nicely with a bog price tag like most and have heard that there customers are treated second to none that does not equal up to being the best boat out there. Anyone can go fast in a straight line as that has been proved but put together a race-boat put it on a sanctioned course and show that the boats are really something. Skater, Fountain, Phantom, Cigarette have all done it and are still doing it. Man UP, Stop all the Speed Run BS and "SHUT UP AND RACE!!!!!!!

Until then enough with being the fastest boat out there. It's getting old.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

here, here! Shut up and race.

DragonFire 02-08-2005 12:31 PM

Outerlimits, makes one of the finest products I have seen. They are one- off high priced pieces of perfection.

But money can't buy you love and I am a Fountain owner and Lover. Reggie has been doin this forever. Records are set and broken.. That's the nature of offshore. No manufacturer has won more then Fountain. He's doing something right. Every boat off the assembly line is safe, smooth,fast and value packed. Competition is good for the industry..

Keep up the good work guys....

ApachePete 02-08-2005 12:49 PM

Why are you Fountain guys so defensive and hostile?

DollaBill 02-08-2005 12:51 PM

Because OL is doing this to stir up **** at Miami like last year. If they had problems in NC last August, wait until this year. I guess I really don;t give a ****. Let's just go fast and sort out later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's winter and we need some fun. Bring it.

DPT MOTORSPORTS 02-08-2005 12:52 PM

Not hostile here at all and not a direct Fountain supporter. I support all manufacturers but I do not agree with manufacturers that claim to be the fasted and so forth but do not do it in competition. Competition builds Champions not one way speed run with no competitors.

WesSmith 02-08-2005 12:57 PM

The OL's are awesome boats and works of art...I have several friends who own them.... but I still don't understand why they don't race !

What better R&D venue is there than an offshore race course ??