Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What laptop computer should I buy ? >

What laptop computer should I buy ?

Notices

What laptop computer should I buy ?

Old 02-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What laptop computer should I buy ?

Originally Posted by Bigwavz
I noticed on all the returned Dell's that they had Inspiron processors. The only one to buy is Intel processor. That's why all those were returned--they are junk!!!
Inspiron is the model name, and I believe Dell only uses Intel processors. There's a column that shows the processor, ie. CEL or P4...
Old 02-11-2005, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very happy with my Sager. Not well known, but pleased with their support, top notch components, value pricing. The one I'm typing on now I bought 5+ years ago, has a 15" screen, numerical keypad built on the right side of the alphabetic keypad, and is built commercial tough. It cost more than you're looking for, but they may have some that don't.

Copy and past their address: www.sagernotebook.com

Reality is, you may need to consider pre-owned laptops to get your features and your price.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bill272
Inspiron is the model name, and I believe Dell only uses Intel processors. There's a column that shows the processor, ie. CEL or P4...
Dell offers Celeron and Pentium Processors. Pentium is much better, but if you are not a power user (just doing simple basics), and on a budget, Celeron will be ok.

Inspiron is Dell's entry level laptop made for home users, and generally are not constructed as well. Lattitude is more for business use ( traveling and abuse, etc.). Most lattitude's will come with Pentiums, while most Inspiron will have Celerons.

Joe.....I have a used Latitude, Inspirion, and a couple Toshibas right now if you are interested. shoot me an email.

[email protected]
Old 02-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all the info. I am still researching and more confused now then ever . I went to shoping .com or something like that and found some realy good prices there on all brands ! Mark , you'll have mail soon ! Thanks !
Old 02-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Registered

I've had 2 Toshiba laptops that died, they're crap in my book. Have an old Dell P3 that the kids have been using for 4 years. I use IBM T30s and R51s.

Also have one of their MP3 players that refuse to support. All in all the company sucks, I will never buy anything from them again!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Registered

hp pavillion u get what u pay for !!
Old 02-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Registered

I bought a Tobshiba in November and so far it is working great. Got decent deal from local electronic store with the rebates.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Registered

I buy many notebooks and have had Compaq, IBM, Dell, Toshiba, Fujitsu among others. Each has its pros and cons. I now have a Panasonic Toughbook Y2. This thing is nice. Magnesium case 14.1 inch screen with built in DVD/CD-RW and it weighs less than 3.5 lbs. It costs about $2500 though. Weight to me is very important as I travel frequently.

In the price range you are considering, try a Dell with a Centrino badge (wireless and Pentium M CPU).

Steve
Old 02-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kidrock
hp pavillion u get what u pay for !!
yea same here....does anybody know what the best air card is??...How much per month and any issues..I heard they are just as fast as cable digital..??
Old 02-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Registered

The best laptop is a girl with a nice round bottom and a steno pad and a cheap calculator. Can do things that those others can't possibly do.

Quick Reply: What laptop computer should I buy ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.