Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trip to Detroit area to look at a Top Gun (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96727-trip-detroit-area-look-top-gun.html)

dykstra 02-18-2005 08:44 AM

Re: Trip to Detroit area to look at a Top Gun

:(

Interceptor 02-18-2005 01:17 PM

Drove by the showroom today and the boat is still there with the hatch open.

mkramer 02-18-2005 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by lakeluvr
Mkramer,
No, that was not me that they were talking about. I had been talking to them for over a week and was trying to put travel plans together. The night before my departure, they called and said that some other salesman had accepted a deposit and were waiting on the financing to go thru. Which was kinda disappointing at the time, but figured what the heck, it wasn't meant to be. Then they called back later in the evening and said the financing didn't go thru after all and they would hold it until I made it up to look at it. Probably just typical sales hype.

I'll email them again and see what they say......I'll let you know...

wantsa311 02-18-2005 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by lakeluvr
The boat was in a little town called Harrison Township, right on the Lake St. Clair.

Harrison Township ... aka Boat Town, USA ... a little town ???

Dono 02-18-2005 11:49 PM

Yep right down the road from me. :drink:

delsol 02-19-2005 04:04 AM

Boat is still there and probably will be for some time with thier attitude--- talk about changing their minds/ slash story.

By the way Lakluvr I was told by the salesman that you had agreed on 63 and then after driving from LOTO to see it you dropped your price so they said no way! --- just so you know--- kinda like what they did to my buddy -- on the phone was one deal, then he got there totally different attitude. seems strange, maybe that's their sales strategy?? :eek:

mkramer 02-19-2005 09:08 AM

Got an email from Rick late last night on this boat......He said the buyer's financing came through, but at 9% and didn't know if he was going ot do the deal. Rick said, he is giving him until Monday to make up his mind. He said call him Monday.......

That's my update on the subject, What does everyone think the boat is worth?????????????

tizbad4 02-19-2005 09:12 AM

I called about a month ago to put a bid in and they said it sold the day before. How many times can this boat sell?????? I dont think they have it all together over there.

Playn 02-19-2005 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by mkramer
He said call him Monday.......

A classic example of why people have bad impressions of salesmen. He should be following up with you if the sale fell through.

mkramer 02-19-2005 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Playn
A classic example of why people have bad impressions of salesmen. He should be following up with you if the sale fell through.

True.....