If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Deland, Florida

Re: Not Sure ABout this--Prostate Cancer ??

Poorsche, I'd take any option not to go under the knife if possible. Let us know what you decide. You've got a large family here pulling for you.

Charter Member Charter Member rbtnt's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2001 28 Eliminator Daytona
    Central, Ohio USA

My brother has been battling it for 4 years now. His first doctor should have treated him sooner than he did and this has caused numerous complications.

Here is a link to my home page that has a link to my cancer page that has 9 links to different information on Prostate cancer. Lots of different treatments available and the links on my site talk about many of them.

Be sure to do a lot of research and do it fast and I would get at least 3 doctor/surgeon opinions.

Best wishes for a complete recovery.

My Boats:
    '96 Checkmate 253
    Northeast Md.

First off I hope you make a full & speedy recovery.

My father was diagnosed almost two years ago. Somehow even with regular check ups and PSA's it wasn't discovered until it was in it's worst stage of Cancer. It had spread to five lymph nodes and left a tumor in his bladder. By the grace of God my neighbor is a O.R. nurse for the Chief of urology at John Hopkins and was able to pull some strings to get my dad into see the right Dr's. To make a long story short, he had regular radiation on all Cancer areas, Hormone therapy (to shrink the prostate) and the tumor in the bladder removed. It has been a long road for my dad but he is almost cancer free!!! My recommendation is to educate yourself as much as possible (as you already have begun) and don't settle for the first option of treatment. If my dad stayed with his first doctor he may already be dead. The first Dr. only wanted to treat the prostate cancer and get to the other problems later WTF

If you can swing a trip to John's Hopkins I would highly recommend it. I believe they are #1 in urology and #2 for Cancer in the world (or something like that... still damn good)

Good luck and if you have any more detailed questions about my dad's case please feel free to contact me

God Bless,

My Boats:

Stay up ..and kick its ass .. I know two guys that had it ..not sure what they elected for but both are clean and healthy ..

My Boats:
    2003 Baja 33 Outlaw
    New Jersey

Poorsche, be strong, we're all here pulling for you.

Toxic FORMULA Platinum Member mopower's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1989 Formula SR-1 272 t/540's
    pitman nj

Thumbs up Re: Not Sure ABout this--Prostate Cancer ??

I wouldn't worry about airing your dirty laundry here. We may not be experts on every subject , but there are a lot of years of lifes experience's that may help to steer you in the right direction.
    And by the way , most people I've known , have done very well with prostate cancer.
    You can never have too much horsepower or money...It's just hard to have both.

British member! VIP Member cookee's Avatar
    My Boats:
    BananaShark 2001 24'
    Salcombe, Devon, UK

All the best with this - I had Testicular Cancer in 1988 and I have been lucky enough to have come through completely unscathed if a little one sided down there! I think most people know someone who has gone through something like this and I for one have never had a problem discussing it, especially if it helps someone going through a similar experience.

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!

My Boats:
    2000 Century CCF 2600
    Melbourne, FL

Again many thanks to everyone who took the time to comment and offer information and support--here's a quick status report.

I've been accepted for intake review on March 9 at Moffett Cancer Center in Tampa with the Chairman of the Urology Dept. For me this is more than a God-send because my brother and his family lives in Tampa and he's been treated there for the last 8 months.

Film at 11--as Dan Rather used to say--

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234