Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Stereo/Communication System (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97300-stereo-communication-system.html)

Tantrum 03-02-2005 08:49 AM

Re: Stereo/Communication System

Ive always heard the tiger was one of the best.
Does anyone have experience with Revolution Marine? It sounds like it private labeled for RM.
Who's system is it?
Is it a good system?
The price is pretty nice.

Havasu Cig 03-02-2005 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank
Hey Chris, when are you going to change your name to 'havasu skater'? Steve will hook you up :D

I probably should change it to something without a boat brand in it, but hopefully the Skater will be around for a while. :D

Tantrum, I looked at the system from RM and it looks like it is nice. When I asked people that were using systems, Tiger was recommended more than once. I don't want to be disappointed so I am going with Tiger.

LubeJobs42 03-02-2005 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tantrum
Ive always heard the tiger was one of the best.
Does anyone have experience with Revolution Marine? It sounds like it private labeled for RM.
Who's system is it?
Is it a good system?
The price is pretty nice.

I spoke with Revolution marine a few days ago. The price is great. They don't use boom microphones, they use 2 little disks that go against your vocal cords, just like the Jet fighters use. He says it's flawless. I didn't ask him an important question, If the stereo system plays through the headsets in Mono or stereo. That is a big plus that Tiger has, Music sounds incredible. I had Racing Communications before and I had very bad luck with it.

dpolgar 03-02-2005 02:36 PM

Guys on the whole intercom thing. The 2 players that I like are Tiger and David Clark. David Clark being the newer of the player in performance marine. Tiger is great and I can recommend it as is is OE in a lot of my customers also the david clark stuff looks bullet proof. I think that David Clark is a little more expensive but I don't think by much. I have a price list of both if any of you want me to quote out either. its no worries. Integrating it into the stereo is done by a line driver (Tiger) and the control box (DC). Do take a look at both! They both work very well.

Damian

Pure Energy 03-02-2005 03:36 PM

What ever happened to "Sit Down, Hold on, And Shut Up!"?

Tantrum 03-02-2005 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
What ever happened to "Sit Down, Hold on, And Shut Up!"?

R Addiction is making up decals :D

stecz20 03-02-2005 07:06 PM

this is great, all the passengers will hear my every word...

tomtbone1993 03-02-2005 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20
this is great, all the passengers will hear my every word...

what?........what?

stecz20 03-02-2005 07:43 PM

quiet, before i do another burnout on your front lawn......

LubeJobs42 03-02-2005 08:23 PM

Spoke to David Clark intercoms today. They sound like they have a great shstem. It has a 5" LCD touch sceen to control it. A 4 man system is $5500. That sounds a little steep. I called Tiger but wasn't able to talk to anyone. If anyone else is looking for an intercom system right now, please let me know. As of now Between myself and 2 other OSO members we need 3 Intercoms. If we can get up to 5 or 6 we can get dealer pricing and we can all save about 20%. Just in case, I'm punching holes in the bottom of soup cans and I'm going to connect them with string. I know it worked when I was a kid.