Notices

Fountain VS. Hustler

Old 03-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: Fountain VS. Hustler

Originally Posted by Lucididee
I won't, just help me if I start getting bashed.
I got your back babe. Pink text and all
Old 03-09-2005, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Fountain VS. Hustler

Originally Posted by Wasabe
I got your back babe. Pink text and all
Thanks, let's see what tomorrow brings.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:31 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking Re: Fountain VS. Hustler

Tomorrow has already arrived......

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-09-2005, 11:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Just walking the docks was breath taking.

Nothing like the smell of Race Fuel first thing in the morning........

I wish I could have seen more video. Mostly the uncut version I was hoping to get a copy of.....
I should have the RAW footage tape somewhere. The years seem to blend. What year did you run it, '02?
Old 03-09-2005, 11:38 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucididee
I should have the RAW footage tape somewhere. The years seem to blend. What year did you run it, '02?
2001 and 2002
2002 was when I got the Spirit of the NPBA award.

If you have it, that would be great!

I only got a handful of blurred picks from one of the OSO members that was there.
Attached Thumbnails Fountain VS. Hustler-nyc-run-1.jpg   Fountain VS. Hustler-nyc-run-9a1.jpg   Fountain VS. Hustler-nyc-run-8a.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 03-09-2005 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:34 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok . I looked at both when I was shopping for used boats in 2001I was looking at 1999 -2002 Hustlers and Fountains .It was between the say 2001 and back Fountain and Hustler 38 foot . I was really looking toward the Fountain when I found out they did not have the same bottom as the 42 .Smaller steps. they where saying the 42 was faster than the 38 . That did not make since to me but the more efficient 42 was faster then..That the 38 hasn't been up dated with the new bottom as the 42 has .Also most 38's had the glass windshield ..I think it was 2003 they change the Fountain 38 foot . {{remember this was 2002. They change the bottoms on the 38's later the same bottom as the 42 which made it faster.}}

I started shopping for between the Fountain and the Hustler is June of 2001 .It took me until April 2002 to make a decision

You cant take anything away from Fountain they do more research than all other hull mfg put together. they are o top right now with hull development .

The Hustler Hull has not changed since they won the championship in 98-99 . The fountain started using the 35 after that and started winning it then against the 38's

You really need to look at both and figure what year you want. They do differ in price .

I would look at the 2003 or above 38 Fountains with the new bottoms or the 2000 and up Hustlers 388 when the changed the Interiors. It really depends if your price shopping or looking for a fast hull . The is no way to compare the 38's .I would consider the 42 Fountain as still faster than the 38 Fountain. I do not
claim to know the history of the Fountain bottoms . But was told the 42 is a faster bottom,

Th insurance might be higher onhe Fountain .

I ave parked the 2003 42 Fountain with staggered 525's ac generator etc,,beside my 2001 388 Hustler. I lined up the transom both even and the bow eyes and looked at the wetted surface between both . There is a difference .they are real close. Call me if you want to know . we spent a day comparing the 2 side by side .The was a difference in the sun pad with the stagger set up . the was a diff in the depth of the cockpit,the decks where about the same height ,the swim platforms where a diff heights,the sun pads where about the same height,The front cleats where straight across from each other with the transoms in line ,not the swim platforms.

I compared the actual wetted surface ass to the front dead rise they where with in inches of each other .

You really need to drive both!!!!. The new Fountain staggered is tuff the drive and back up.But its fast!

I think Right now the NEW 2004-5 Fountains are a faster hull ,Just my 2 dollars worth .The man is doing his home work .

One thing you will never see is a comparsonwith the same size hull same weight ,same horse power . which hull is faster? it will not happen.

i don't want to stir sh i t .I hope I helped and it is all about what you like .

Did I leave anything out?

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:35 AM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tim i still think you wer nuts, body armor and all, you the man.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Did I leave anything out?

Rob
Welll Duh Rob, you left out pics of scantily clad women with big...smiles.... Rob
Old 03-10-2005, 07:25 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I think Reggie should save his advertising $$$$. Gets enough plublicity just here on OSO.

Fountain vs OL
Fountain vs Formula
Fountain vs Hustler

And this just this week.
Who do you think keeps starting these threads???
Old 03-10-2005, 08:23 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

"Did I leave anything out?"

Yes! After reading this thread I was wondering the difference in the free board between the two boats?

I have no input on your comparison but I can say 42 staggered very nice riding/fast boat.

Quick Reply: Fountain VS. Hustler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.