Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Got my new insurance quote, Want to buy a Motion? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98145-got-my-new-insurance-quote-want-buy-motion.html)

kcgbjc 03-15-2005 01:40 AM

Re: Got my new insurance quote, Want to buy a Motion?

Sy told me last year that they were going to be direct insurer's. What happened?

Chuck 03-15-2005 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by open72
the accident that happened on tampa bay too last year. the man who owned the resteraunts in that spectre , and the accident in biloxi with the oss race .

Not a Spectre, just painted at Spectre. Not that it matters but just wanted you to know.

Sean H 03-15-2005 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Griff
was there even a claim on this??? I thought they had it flipped back over and running by the end of the same day. I don't recall any injuries either.

i think he just bolted some new motors on it and dried the interior out... i am not sure about a claim or not... but i am sure insurance companies love seeing pics of upside down cats...

CigDaze 03-15-2005 07:23 AM

Let's face it, insurance companies are not charitable institutions. If they can't make money on you, they won't bother writing the policy -- or if they do, it's going to cost you -- Big!

Remember, you're not paying for your potential losses, you're paying for the losses of others like you, in years past.

Let's think back during the past couple years, it's become almost a monthly occurance for some jackazz to go and kill themselves, along with others, and destroy their boats.

We've all seen the pictures and read the stories here.
Sad but true -- guess who's paying for that now?...Me and You.

fatdaddy 03-15-2005 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by SLINGSHOT
5500 to fully in sure my bourgets...(60k) so its all realtive

Mike, seems high. I've got my Fatdaddy insured for under $2k. Ric

LubeJobs42 03-15-2005 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor
What this thread needs is Geno's stepmom to chime in saying that he can afford it and that he is just complaining.:D

Couldn't resist Geno. Don't be mad. :D

You suck!! She got everything! Do you think I could hit her up for a loan. This board has brought us a lot closer!!!LOL! Before her post, I haven't heard from her since 1988. It brought back so many warm and fuzzy memories. What were that channces of that!! she's in London!!! Only on OSO!!!

wwwTOPDJcom 03-15-2005 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lime Disease
Try to get insurance on a crotch rocket. IF you can your looking at 5k insurance on a 10k bike At least the boat ins.is
high dollar coverage. No cat in my future and I want one bad.

$84 for my GSXR750 , no collision, it was way too much $
my last insurance company stopped selling for high perf bikes. try getting it for a Busa or faster bike

PhantomChaos 03-15-2005 11:16 PM

To cover a single $2M loss....the market isn't that big! Do the math.

2,000,000 / 12,886.54 = 155 boats

They would have to insure 155 boats at that rate just to pay that one loss!

LubeJobs42 03-16-2005 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
To cover a single $2M loss....the market isn't that big! Do the math.

2,000,000 / 12,886.54 = 155 boats

They would have to insure 155 boats at that rate just to pay that one loss!

There are hundreds of thosands of boats insured annually. What do you think the percentage is of these boaters that actually have claims. How many boaters, Like myself have been paying for 15 years and have never had a claim? Also, they wrote the $2,000,000 policy. I don't think it's fair that we should have to cover that loss. My liability is only $300K and replacemant value is $250K. So basically, they are charging 5% of the value. I'm sure ther are years that insurance company claims are lower then others. I don't remember ever getting a refund. If you look at it from a differant point of view, look how many homes were destroyed in Florida or homes burned by forest fires in California. I know these were major hits for the insurance companies. Why aren't they raising homeowners to 5% of the homes value? I just find it hard to believe these few big, unfortunate claims should effect all of us. The other problem is, Once they raise the premiums as high as they are now, theres no going backwards. We know we are going to pay "at least this" Probably more every year to come.
I know this is an expensive hobby. I have no choice to pay the premium. I just think at these rates there are going to be more people going without insurance.

Cat man do 03-16-2005 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisK
If a 21 year old kids can AFFORD a 36' Nortech then he can afford the insurance to go with it!

THATS NOT THE POINT, BEING OVERCHARGED IS.