Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Awesome 26 with twins - Which way do I rotate props?? >

Awesome 26 with twins - Which way do I rotate props??

Notices

Awesome 26 with twins - Which way do I rotate props??

Old 08-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome 26 with twins - Which way do I rotate props??

I have a 26 ft Awesome Powerboat - true cat without the center pod. It has twin 225 outboards on it and lower units are lh/rh. Problem is, which lower unit should go on which side?? I see the clockwise unit on the right on most setups but I have been told to run opposite and have props rotating inboard for better lift on this boat. Any advice??

Also, what is the tiny hose fitting when the lower unit is removed just in front of the shifter spline? I ramoved it and it just seems like a cavity going nowhere. I do have modified lowers with nose cones and low water pickups. It seems this cavity does not go to the gearcase or the water passage. Any help?? Thanks so much!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: Awesome 26 with twins - Which way do I rotate props??

I have owned a number of o/b twins on cats. I like turning the props in. (top of the blade turns in). Turning in is usally a little faster with less porpoise. Turning out will handle better and feel more glued in. Every boat is different. Props, engine height, rotation are setup issues that can make a lot of difference.

The nipple is probably the old speedo pickup that is built into the front of the lower unit. Since you have an aftermarket nose cone covering that, it is no longer functional.