Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Procharged small block, boom. >

Procharged small block, boom.

Notices

Procharged small block, boom.

Old 07-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Procharged small block, boom.

blowncrown and tssteph - how much hp were you putting out with the Prochargers??.....what kind of increases did you guys see??

signed - small block lover
Old 07-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
blowncrown and tssteph - how much hp were you putting out with the Prochargers??.....what kind of increases did you guys see??

signed - small block lover
Procharger claims 490hp with the 5psi kit on the 350 Mag MPI, I would call it 450ish. I went from about 52 mph(gps) to 64. When I added the Stern Jack I got to 68 and then the 7 psi pulley got me 70.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Registered

The E-tec 200's from Edelbrock outperform both the GM fastburns and their bowtie iron vortecs.

If you want to continue on the quest for more reliable hp then it may be time for a aftermarket ECU like FAST or Big Stuff3. There is no way to beat a cutom tune. Also I do not even know if the Merc PCM takes into account IAT, or coolant temperature correction for timing. This could be fairly dangerous as well, esp when running for extended periods of time at WOT opr under boost.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 498 Likes on 273 Posts

A old wise man once told me "When it breaks.... fix it faster!"
And I don't think he meant repair it quickly!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hellbents10
The E-tec 200's from Edelbrock outperform both the GM fastburns and their bowtie iron vortecs.

If you want to continue on the quest for more reliable hp then it may be time for a aftermarket ECU like FAST or Big Stuff3. There is no way to beat a cutom tune. Also I do not even know if the Merc PCM takes into account IAT, or coolant temperature correction for timing. This could be fairly dangerous as well, esp when running for extended periods of time at WOT opr under boost.
I agree.

I am not looking to go much faster with this hull, but sense I had to build a motor anyway I might as well build it better that stock. The cost to build a forged 383 isn't much more than a 350 and the added torque will be nice.

I do use a LM1 air/fuel ratio meter to make sure she isn't to lean.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Registered

Yes the torque is nice but it comes at the price of reliability with the larger stroke.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Registered

What is a safe RPM for an all forged and balanced 383?
Old 07-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Registered

I had an old sea ray 207 srv that I put a 383 in, used canfield aluminum heads, roller cam. I ran it hard, propped to top out at 5500 rpm, that engine is now in a friends boat with 5-6 75 hr seasons on it and it's still running great. Alpha drive with Merc heavy duty upper gearset stayed with the engine and it also has given trouble free service since day one.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:30 PM
Registered

I run a full forged 383.. around 560 hp N/A. Spin it 6000-6300 all day long. You build it good and it will run like a crazzzyyy ***** Spend some coin on some AFR heads. you will love them. this is hooked to a alpha that just loves it... no problems 3 yrs running.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:48 AM
Registered

I wound up with the Eagle 12106(forged crank, rods and 31cc dish JE pistons) that should put me at 8.5:1 with a 64cc chamber. Also ordered the Edelbrock Etech 200 heads. Does anyone know what # injectors are stock in the 350 Mag? Also, are the bigger EFI engine injectors compatible for an upgrade on mine?

Quick Reply: Procharged small block, boom.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.