Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Procharged small block, boom. >

Procharged small block, boom.

Notices

Procharged small block, boom.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Procharged small block, boom.

REV is in Ft. Lauderdale....just got off the phone with Al. Check your e-mail.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

In regards to injectors. I have a modified 454 mag that is ProCharged 7 PSI. Call Arizona Seed And Marine and talk to a technician not a sales clerk about injectors and your current set up. You may also consider a remap on your ECM.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RBeyer
In regards to injectors. I have a modified 454 mag that is ProCharged 7 PSI. Call Arizona Seed And Marine and talk to a technician not a sales clerk about injectors and your current set up. You may also consider a remap on your ECM.
I FedExed my ECU and one injector to them yesterday. They are setting it up to eliminate the FMU and to compensated for the additional cubic inches.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Registered

Well it runs! I finished the install and turned the key this afternoon. Probably not going to see any water test for another week though, I'm headed out of town.
All in all not a bad project. Took a little extra time getting the unexpected stuff like Inconel valves and different length pushrods but realistically right on schedule. I will post a build sheet with $ when I get a chance. The boat ran 70 with the stock 350 Mag and Procharger, hopping for 75 with the 383 and good heads, but will settle for just getting back on the water. Thanks for all of your input, I will let you know what she does.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by traviss
I run a full forged 383.. around 560 hp N/A. Spin it 6000-6300 all day long. You build it good and it will run like a crazzzyyy ***** Spend some coin on some AFR heads. you will love them. this is hooked to a alpha that just loves it... no problems 3 yrs running.
I think this is the right answer. Sell your supercharger to help fund the rebuild then pick the right heads (AFR's are great), build up a solid bottom end, cam and intake to match the heads and you should have +500hp easy NA - which means no more problems like you just had.

BTW, the September issue of Hot Rod magazine has a 500hp 383 built up for $5k. Cheap reliable power by being smart with your purchases.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Registered

Although I have learned many a lesson the hard way a blower motor can be a reliable turnkey product, they are built by Merc and others every day.
When it comes to any performance project the weakest link will always fail regardless of it being naturally aspirated or not.
When it comes to this type of project it is important to pay attention to the details engine build, ECM, parts, and money. don't skimp it will cost dough. If you can't afford to break don,t modify you will always find the weak part.
Homework first pay later. You will win in the long run.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Registered

Took her to the Cumberland Poker Run over the weekend and she ran great. I've got about 10 hours on the meter sense the install and everything is going good. I did take it to wot a few times and it pulls like a freight train, but (there is always a "but") it seems to be finished at about 5000 rpm. I am turning a 25p Mirage Plus which I could turn 5000 before the engine upgrade, although it was a dog out of the hole. Now the 25 feels great all the way from idle to 70 mph but just seems to stop there. The fuel mixture is 12.5:1 at wot and the plugs look good. Is the stock 350Mag cam just not going to do it? Do I need to drop the prop pitch to get into the higher revs. I am seeing 6 psi of boost.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Registered

The stock cam is not helping but are you hitting the rev limiter. Where did you tell them to put it. You say you are running 7lbs boost and getting 6 you could probably use 200 more rpm to get max boost. You say fuel mixter is 12.5:1 how about fuel pressure. There are still a couple variables.
What was your maximum speed and boost before, same prop or did you bump up one?
Bob
Old 09-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Registered

Same prop. Boost was 7 psi before. I had the rev limiter removed from the ECU, I have a 5700 chip in the MSD box. 40 psi of fuel pressure.
I could run 70 before, it just took longer to get there.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:21 AM
Registered

Can you also detail you fuel mixture meter installation? Is your 40 psi at wide open throttle? Shouldn't you have quite a bit more then that?

Last edited by tssteph; 09-12-2006 at 08:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Procharged small block, boom.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.