Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Looking for performance exhaust/headers..source? >

Looking for performance exhaust/headers..source?

Notices

Looking for performance exhaust/headers..source?

Old 12-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking for performance exhaust/headers..source?

Originally Posted by KAAMA
I agree.....you want an aftermarket exhaust system that has a ONE PIECE, ALL STAINLESS tailpipe system. It's kinda like having the tailpipe and riser all in one. You can get the manifold type exhaust systems such as the Stainless Marine, GIL, EMI Thunders, etc, with the one piece all stainless tailpipe/riser, but you may have to specify what you want just to make sure.

The aluminum made aftermarket manifold systems will be much lighter than those stock Merc heavy cast iron anchors you have now and they will sound much better, dress up your engine compartment a lot nicer---especially with all polished stainless tailpipes, but you definately DO NOT want a riser/tailpipe that is cast and/or has a bunch of 90* elbows---too restrictive and will kill HP/Torque for what you want---besides, they look like sh#t !!!
I'm definately looking at the units with the stainless pipes and not the riser style they offer. Those EMI Thunder systems with the longer pipes look like what I want and the price is not too bad. No silent choice on this boat! I'm not looking to spend a fortune for exhaust on ~425 hp motors either.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Our last two boats had emi thunder 4inch w/stainless riser on mild 454s, and now stainless marine 5in on procharged 555s. Would gladly recommend either system, the emi worked great, and the stainless marine were by far the best value out there for what we needed, and great customer service, very impressed with our custom side exit exhaust coming out perfect wihtout them ever seeing the boat!
Old 12-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SeaingDouble
I'm definately looking at the units with the stainless pipes and not the riser style they offer. Those EMI Thunder systems with the longer pipes look like what I want and the price is not too bad. No silent choice on this boat! I'm not looking to spend a fortune for exhaust on ~425 hp motors either.
With no silent choice, you probably want to go with the 16" tails......

Last edited by Too Old; 10-24-2007 at 11:12 AM.