Oil in Puke tanks Blower motor

Notices

Oil in Puke tanks Blower motor

Old 11-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Oil in Puke tanks Blower motor

Heres some picks of My Motor Pucke tanks,one has a little more oil other is clean.

Is the one that has some oil in it cosidered norn?

Ill post the leak down when I get the paper work.15 % was the highest. one
Attached Thumbnails Oil in Puke tanks Blower motor-drive-coupler-11-08-017-large-.jpg   Oil in Puke tanks Blower motor-drive-coupler-11-08-021-large-.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

It really depends on how high it is mounted above the valve cover. If it is several inches above the cover, then no it is not normal. Was the 15% on a cold engine that has not been run for a while. That still seems a little high. It all depends on the rings. I use Total Seal Gapless and it is VERY rare to see over 5%, even on a cold, haven't been run in months engine.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Young Performance
It really depends on how high it is mounted above the valve cover. If it is several inches above the cover, then no it is not normal. Was the 15% on a cold engine that has not been run for a while. That still seems a little high. It all depends on the rings. I use Total Seal Gapless and it is VERY rare to see over 5%, even on a cold, haven't been run in months engine.

Eddie I did both motors at the same time, so this one was the last to get cked,prob was cooler.

Its looks like it around 3 inches higher than the fitting.

star 6-8-9-6 %
6.5-6-8-6

colder
port 9-15-12-9
8-11-14-12

also remember these are real loose p to c
Attached Thumbnails Oil in Puke tanks Blower motor-drives%25204-7-07%2520032%2520%2528large%2529.jpg   Oil in Puke tanks Blower motor-tickfaw-5-5-2007-124-large-.jpg  

Old 11-26-2008, 01:22 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

The starboard engine is right where it needs to be. The port is a little high, but not enough to say something is wrong. When you say cold, do you mean an hour or 2, or a month or 2. When I say cold and hasn't been run, I mean for a month or 2. At 3 inches higher than the valve cover, I wouldn't think it would push any oil in it.
When you did the leakdown, could you tell where the air was leaking from. If you hook it back up, open the throttle blades and listen at the tailpipe for air. If you can't hear it in those places, then block off all of your breather openings real good and see if the leakdown gauge goes down. You will also get a rush of air when you uncover the breather hole. This means it is going past the piston.
Eddie
Old 11-26-2008, 02:37 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Rob ... Take those Puke tanks out and put breathers on ....Helps keep Corrosion down in the Engine Room ....
Old 11-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by offthefront
Rob ... Take those Puke tanks out and put breathers on ....Helps keep Corrosion down in the Engine Room ....
now thats funny
Old 11-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Total Seal Gapless and it is VERY rare to see over 5%, even on a cold, haven't been run in months engine.

mmmmmmmmmmm really
Old 11-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Eddie it was right after I did the other side,not warm,When I did the leak down I was looking to see if there was something bad before pulling them out, The piston to cylinder wall clearance has been high,loose, I just don't want to buy a new blocks now$$, on this bore its been honed 3 times,the rings haven't been showing much wear just touching the centers,looks like it had some more seating to do,might just dingleberry it to reseat them? less metal taking out of walls.,Iv got 104 hours on this ring and bearings, kinda a preventive maintenance thing and I couldn't handle the water spots ,so reploishing everything

RunninHotRacing158 there the regular total seal rings,non gapless,

Rob

Old 11-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Total Seals also . No puke tanks Ran a set of J E rings once never again. Its a alot more for the gapless rings but the oil stays alot cleaner and I have never fouled plugs.
Just MY 2
Attached Thumbnails Oil in Puke tanks Blower motor-img_0507.jpg  
Old 11-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i run speed pro rings with alot of ring gap on my 32 skater 15psi boost @7500 rpm will have blowby in puke tank let it happen thats what puke tanks are for at least the rings wont expand and butt together it makes big power 1230 hp 1140 lb torque its old school roots blower set up but if it aint broke dont fix it

Quick Reply: Oil in Puke tanks Blower motor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.