Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
How to change antenna battery on a Livorsi GPS speedo? >

How to change antenna battery on a Livorsi GPS speedo?

Notices

How to change antenna battery on a Livorsi GPS speedo?

Old 07-24-2009, 05:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by boatfreak
Ok I tried to change my battery and I'm not sure but I think I pulled a wire out. I have 3 wires hooked into to back of this thing but I have 2 black wires in there that are not hooked up. The whole thing strange because the plug is 3 wires and I have 3 going on through but the colors don't match. Has anyone seen this?
The 3 wires on the outside of the gauge are....

red (12v+)
white (signal)
black (GND)

You can probly take a multimeter and do a continuity check to match up the wires on the inside.

As stated above, if you can rig it to your GPS, that's the way to go.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by indywhsle
I took the dash apart today and found that the plug is a single phone cord looking thing. There are three wires connected to it, but I have no idea how to go around using the plug end that is already there.
You only need the white wire (signal). The black and red are no longer needed. My guage came with an extra plug that only had the white wire.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that I have a different guage than every one. the back of my guage does not have the seperate terminals. There is a big plug that has six wires and there is another smaller plug that is from the antena that has three wires (black, red, and orange).
Attached Thumbnails How to change antenna battery on a Livorsi GPS speedo?-img_0426.jpg  
Old 07-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I think that I have a different guage than every one. the back of my guage does not have the seperate terminals. There is a big plug that has six wires and there is another smaller plug that is from the antena that has three wires (black, red, and orange).
That's just like mine but on the puck end of that same wire the black wire dead ends and there is a green wire attached. That same green wire dead ends back at the gauge or plug end. Like I said it's weird. I need to look in my manual for my Northstar M84 to see if I can just use that for an antenna.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mines looks just like yours.

The big plug goes to your recall switch. The wire coming from the small plug is the one you want to connect to the GPS.

You only need the signal wire, you don't need to connect the + and - wires.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Dave M
Mines looks just like yours.

The big plug goes to your recall switch. The wire coming from the small plug is the one you want to connect to the GPS.

You only need the signal wire, you don't need to connect the + and - wires.
Ok. the wire you are referring to is the orange one. Where do I connect it to?
Old 07-26-2009, 06:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ok. the wire you are referring to is the orange one. Where do I connect it to?
Connect it to the NMEA output wire of your GPS. On my Garmin, it's the BLUE wire.

Like Keith said above, make sure you go into the setup on your GPS and enable NMEA out, it's not turned on by default.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Connect it to the NMEA output wire of your GPS. On my Garmin, it's the BLUE wire.

Like Keith said above, make sure you go into the setup on your GPS and enable NMEA out, it's not turned on by default.
I don't have a manual for the unit. How do I go into the setup and how do I enable NMEA?
Old 07-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I don't have a manual for the unit. How do I go into the setup and how do I enable NMEA?
On mine you go to the "system" menu, then to the "comm" tab, then set the "serial" setting to NMEA out.

Most GPS have the manuals online. You can probably find one for yours.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

On mine you go to the "system" menu, then to the "comm" tab, then set the "serial" setting to NMEA out.

Most GPS have the manuals online. You can probably find one for yours.
This is not a digital guage. I don't see how I can go to a menu. Here is how it looks from the front.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.