Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Panther
PB Blast!
ditto! wors everytime
Old 04-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Itsallgood995
The puller doesn't have a bearing, just a cap. The cap cracked & fell out after I hit the bolt a couple times last night.

I'm trying Ray's method now. I'll clean out the coke & put in liquid wrench tonight.

I checked for a washer a couple times thinking that had to be it?
I would get a hold of a better puller. I went through the same thing before. I used a puller with a rotator and it comes right off.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure you are pulling on the hub and not the ring.

What has worked for me 100% of the time is to turn the center screw 1/2 a turn and then whack it with a brass hammer a few times, then repeat.

Make sure you are using a harmonic balancer remover (with a pivoting tip) and not a steering wheel remover (They might look the same, but the balancer puller is heavier duty and can provide 1000% more pull without ever breaking).

Good Luck!
Old 04-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ljsmith1
Make sure you are pulling on the hub and not the ring.

What has worked for me 100% of the time is to turn the center screw 1/2 a turn and then whack it with a brass hammer a few times, then repeat.

Make sure you are using a harmonic balancer remover (with a pivoting tip) and not a steering wheel remover (They might look the same, but the balancer puller is heavier duty and can provide 1000% more pull without ever breaking).

Good Luck!
I have used this one before. That one works good. It I remember right it has a ball joint that allows the shaft to rotate. The one I just got done using has a rotator with ball bearings. I borrowed it from my machine shop.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Success! Ending up letting the penetrating oil soak for two days. Got another puller similar to the one in the above picture for 17.00 bucks. Tightened it down & hit w/ a small mallet a couple times then tightened it down again & repeated. Never did get a load pop where it slid right off. Instead it would be a mild pop & would need to retighten the puller & tap w/ the mallet again. This was repeated 3 times with the mild pop & was surprisingly difficult to remove.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Itsallgood995
Success! Ending up letting the penetrating oil soak for two days. Got another puller similar to the one in the above picture for 17.00 bucks. Tightened it down & hit w/ a small mallet a couple times then tightened it down again & repeated. Never did get a load pop where it slid right off. Instead it would be a mild pop & would need to retighten the puller & tap w/ the mallet again. This was repeated 3 times with the mild pop & was surprisingly difficult to remove.

Thanks for the help.
Congrats on your persistance. I told you the better tool would make the difference. You will also need the installation tool to press it back on. BBC's are very tight all the way on and off. When you reinstall lube the snout with oil.