Huber Transmisions ????? >

Huber Transmisions ?????

Notices

Huber Transmisions ?????

Old 06-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbam
We do not run a check valve for any reason, using it voids our warranty.
Got it BIG Daddy
Attached Images   
Old 06-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbam
Hey Eddie,
We have also improved the reverse. Conventional wisdom was that an extra reverser plate would cause more drag (lose more power in the trans). We found that the difference with a 3rd plate was negligible. So we have been using 3 reverse plates in all our units for a while. Still can’t take full throttle in reverse, but that’s 50% better than it was. Also using better steel for the core of the reverse frictions, the new ones don’t explode as easily.
Thanks Marc. We talked about it when I ordered the last two trannys from you. They have the extra reverse clutch, which is great since this is the same customer that fried the other one in reverse. Every little bit helps. You taught me a very valuable lesson on the coolers that I will not forget. I would have bet the farm that you were full of crap Live and learn, huh. Talk to you soon, Eddie.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Thanks Marc. We talked about it when I ordered the last two trannys from you. They have the extra reverse clutch, which is great since this is the same customer that fried the other one in reverse. Every little bit helps. You taught me a very valuable lesson on the coolers that I will not forget. I would have bet the farm that you were full of crap Live and learn, huh. Talk to you soon, Eddie.
You taught me a very valuable lesson on the coolers that I will not forget.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
I have always had the theory that while the coolers and water are warm, chunks get into places and when you let it cool back off they stay in there. When you are trying to clean out the parts, you are cool, so the copper doesn't expand. When you put it back into the boat, it gets warm, and presto, the 1 little chunk you missed ends up getting circulated.

I always thought an interesting experiment would be to clean it normally, and then drop it into a giant pot of boiling water and somehow flush it to see if anything extra comes out.
Your theory is correct,coolers can be flushed professionally,it's done at 180-190 degrees,air is pulsated in the cooler along with the cleaning medium then it's also done in a reverse direction,Smitty
Old 06-05-2009, 06:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by articfriends
Your theory is correct,coolers can be flushed professionally,it's done at 180-190 degrees,air is pulsated in the cooler along with the cleaning medium then it's also done in a reverse direction,Smitty
C@@l info BIG Daddy , but just for Chits & Giggles Smitty whats it cost to sonic/pressure cook a cooler ????? for $128.oo i'll sleep better with a fresh cooler out of the box ... and very cheap insurance compared to some of the $$$$$$ we spend on our rides my .002