Low exhaust water >

Low exhaust water

Notices

Low exhaust water

Old 08-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Low exhaust water

A friend of mine has a 454 Mag with a procharger. He has very little water coming out of his exhaust and his silent choice diverters have a couple spots where you can see they got hot. But the intercooler dump seems to be flowing fine. Is it possible that the intercooler dump is taking away too much water? BTW he did put in a new impeller and engine temps are cool. I wonder if a piece of the old impeller got stuck in an exhaust hose???

Last edited by onesickpantera; 08-03-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
A friend of mine has a 454 Mag with a procharger. He has very little water coming out of his exhaust and his silent choice diverters have a couple spots where you can see they got hot. But the intercooler dump seems to be flowing fine. Is it possible that the intercooler dump is taking away too much water? BTW he did put in a new impeller and engine temps are cool. I wonder if a piece of the old impeller got stuck in an exhaust hose???
Very possible, I would backflush everything. the oil cooler could be plugged with a piece of impleller too.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I called him after getting the thought and he is going to backflush this week to play it safe. He did say a couple of small pieces were missing.

If nothing is blocked is it possible the intercooler is pulling too much water?