Do i need a fuel regulator

Notices

Do i need a fuel regulator

Old 08-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do i need a fuel regulator

Problem is,

My fuel regulator is showing full pressure on my guage. i had a little mishap over the weekend. basically my serpentine belt decided to give way and somehow something might had hit the regulator, and now is not working. when i turn the key the pressure goes from 0 to 15psi. it is also linking gas around the set screw/allen key.

hopefully i have this right, when i wind the allen key screw in am i increasing the pressure or decreasing it. i was by myself with little time to spare so i did not have time to play around with it. my engine is a carb engine and it requires a min. of 6 psi's, right now i took the fuel regulator off and i have the fuel pump out line running to the carb instead of the fuel regulator than carb.

also i running the holly blue pump, is it pre set at 7psi's not sure and it runs abit warm is this normal. i also started the motor with out the fuel rugulator and it seem to run fine on the trailer..

any suggestions or info will be gladly appreaciated..

thanks Q
Attached Thumbnails Do i need a fuel regulator-eng51.jpg