Velocity 260 or Nordic Rage? >

Velocity 260 or Nordic Rage?

Notices

Velocity 260 or Nordic Rage?

Old 08-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Velocity 260 or Nordic Rage?

I'm thinking about picking up a bigger boat next year. I like both the Velocity 260 and the Nordic Rage. I would like to hear some pros and cons for each. I don't really boat in big water. Mostly in the Ohio river near my house. A few times a summer I go to a medium sized lake, but it's not too rough. I currently have a 21' Checkmate Starflite with a 260.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Registered

Not sure what your budget is but I've got a 28 Nordic Heat for sale. It is in excellent condition and will soon be sitting ontop of a brand new alum trailer. The boat is an 05 with a merc 525 efi with xr drive and ITS setback. 190 hrs. Closed bow, Dana tabs and a good list of extras. $85K. Email me at [email protected] or call my cell at 917-468-9882 if interested. Located on Long Island.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails Velocity 260 or Nordic Rage?-loadrite_aluminum.jpg   Velocity 260 or Nordic Rage?-photos-050.jpg  

Last edited by raytart; 08-21-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a friend with a Rage, it is a nice boat. He has the 498 HO, it runs about 68 MPH with a 26pitch Bravo. Personally, I like a little deeper boat with a bigger cuddy. He has the one with the small cuddy then the open bow in the front.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Registered

Smile

Anything Nordic is quality
Old 08-22-2009, 06:15 AM
Registered

The first Nordic I ever saw in person was a Heat. I love the Heat, but it's a little more boat than I really need. I'm looking to stay in the 24'-25' range.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by opsdave
The first Nordic I ever saw in person was a Heat. I love the Heat, but it's a little more boat than I really need. I'm looking to stay in the 24'-25' range.
I suggest that you post your question in both the Nordic Forum and the Velocity Forum on this web site.

The Rage is the best combination of performance, handleing, style, ride, quality, price and general usability for water sports (in the open bow version) that I can imagine for inland water. Of course I am prejudiced.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Registered

The Rage is the best combination of performance, handleing, style, ride, quality, price and general usability for water sports (in the open bow version) that I can imagine for inland water. Of course I am prejudiced.[/QUOTE]

I love the open bow version of the Rage. That's the biggest reason I'm leaning more toward a Nordic. If they made an open bow Velocity 260 I think It would be a much harder decision for me. I'm sure that the Velocity would ride a litte rougher with the pad on the bottom, but would also be a little faster with the same power because of it. The Nordics have a stepped hull correct?
Old 08-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by opsdave
The Rage is the best combination of performance, handleing, style, ride, quality, price and general usability for water sports (in the open bow version) that I can imagine for inland water. Of course I am prejudiced.
I love the open bow version of the Rage. That's the biggest reason I'm leaning more toward a Nordic. If they made an open bow Velocity 260 I think It would be a much harder decision for me. I'm sure that the Velocity would ride a litte rougher with the pad on the bottom, but would also be a little faster with the same power because of it. The Nordics have a stepped hull correct?[/QUOTE]

Correct.

I rode in a bigger Velocity ~28' on our lake and it was a noticably rougher ride.....do to the larger pad I would suspect. I have to wonder how the manuverability of a Velocity would compare with a Nordic Rage which is awsome. Best thing you could do is take one for a drive.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to consider a Hallett 240-S as well. Super high quality and a "big" boat for the size. If you wanted to go a little smaller you can find a Warlock 23 XRI with both mid-cabin jumpers and open bow seating.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Taking a quick look at the OSO Velocity forum it seems the 26 is in the same ballpark speed wise as the Rage ie high 60's low 70's depending on conditions and elevation.

Note, the open bow Rage is 1-2 mph slower than the closed bow do to aerodynamic drag. With the open bow cover installed that 1-2 mph short fall is recovered. All Velocity numbers are closed bow.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/v...ity-260-a.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/v...0-finally.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/v...ity-260-a.html

Last edited by Rage; 08-22-2009 at 09:02 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.