Broke 70 finally !!! >

Broke 70 finally !!!

Notices

Broke 70 finally !!!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broke 70 finally !!!

So I went out this afternoon, left my place 2 hours early and was greated with surprisingly calm water, a little disappointed, I decided to run around, went to the statue of liberty, then out on the atlantic down the shore a little, where their were perfect rollers, finally met up with a friend in raritan bay , and gave a few rides.... On the way back, I knew I was a little light on fuel so figured I could get a high number out, I've previously gotten 68.1 67.9, etc but was dying to see seventy, when we got in my buddy checked the gps and FINALLY it read 71.5 mph....... sorry just felt I had to share that, it was a great day!!

: evilb:

Last edited by 007joe; 07-30-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Way to go Joe!!! I got my bilge blowers installed today, First switch is bilde blowers, 2nd is bilge pump, One switch is on in both directions, up is the gauges dash lights what does the switch do in the down position? New carpet in cabin and cockpit. Been going over every bolt and nut I notice my MSD boxes were about to fall off the mounts. Congrats on some good numbers...

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 07-30-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Registered

Cool #'s Joe..You bringing the boat down this time? Even if the group thing does not pan out Still plan on coming down For a day or 2 and we can show you around the upper bay and are local hangouts. Like i said i have a 4 day weekend so i'll be out and about either way. Curt
Old 07-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Registered

Thanks VV! still upgrading that biotch huh? good thing you caugth the ignition box's

Curt, I am definitely bringing the boat, may come down Friday evening, looking forward to it! I'll talk to you before then and thanks!
Old 07-30-2009, 11:30 PM
Registered

VV.... I think up on that switch is running (dash lights and nav lights) and down is just anchor (just the stern light).....
Old 07-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 007joe
VV.... I think up on that switch is running (dash lights and nav lights) and down is just anchor (just the stern light).....
That makes since.... I'll check it out tonight...
Old 07-31-2009, 07:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 007joe
That's how mine works...

I'd love to see 70 in my boat but the best so far is 67.
I've been waiting for a good out going tide...
Old 07-31-2009, 08:25 AM
Registered

That is definaftey a nice feeling Joe. I was able to break the 70 mark finally, last week in my 260, still running the 24 hydro, hopefully i will be able to try my 26 in the next outing, i've been having some tuning issues, hopefully i have the bugs worked out now..

Q
Bermuda
Old 07-31-2009, 12:45 PM
Registered

Joe,
Congrats Brotha!
Thats sweet that you finally hit your goal...... now becareful, because 70mph slowly fades into the quest for 75 and then 80 is just a little further beyond your reach (speed is an addicting drug!).

Doesn't look like we'll be getting the crew from Youngstown back down there anytime soon, but I do appreciate the PM. I think we're doing Lake Erie this weekend, even though my boat will be out because of a bent prop (good excuse to get something more inline with what I need).

Good Luck and travel safe when you head down to MD,
-Loreto
Old 07-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
That's how mine works...

I'd love to see 70 in my boat but the best so far is 67.
I've been waiting for a good out going tide...
What do you have in it????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.