Notices

Where to buy CMI Headers?

Old 01-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BenPerfected
Dock,
Not sure you will see the CMI change on the GPS. Could you get yours modified and polished at CMI?
Ben
Ben,

Mine are polished and I could get the bung welded in but with the hours I have on them I'm thinking of going new to protect the engines.

Thanks
Mark
Old 01-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Thanks for the feedback. I'll let you guys know what I find out.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Ben,

Mine are polished and I could get the bung welded in but with the hours I have on them I'm thinking of going new to protect the engines.

Thanks
Mark
I'm doing the same Mark, mine are 2000 and its just time for me to upgrade, Teague has them 2 ways, with the merc welded water pipes, or the ones with rubber that have clamps. the factory merc weld is a 200 doller per set upgrade. I will put both my old sets up for sale after I test them for the price of one new set, so for the bargain shopper there ya go, I'm sure you should as well.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default C M I

We will beat anyones advertised pricing for CMI headers.. Bigger stock and better prices than anyone!

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE
www.teaguecustommarine.com
Old 01-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I'm doing the same Mark, mine are 2000 and its just time for me to upgrade, Teague has them 2 ways, with the merc welded water pipes, or the ones with rubber that have clamps. the factory merc weld is a 200 doller per set upgrade. I will put both my old sets up for sale after I test them for the price of one new set, so for the bargain shopper there ya go, I'm sure you should as well.
Yes we are on the exact same page.

I learned something interesting today. The welded tubes are a Mercury ONLY item. The reason for them is if your water pump fails the first thing to catch fire are the rubber tubes on the bottom of the non-Mercury units. I think it is worth the extra money.

Thanks and good luck
Old 01-16-2010, 07:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Yes we are on the exact same page.

I learned something interesting today. The welded tubes are a Mercury ONLY item. The reason for them is if your water pump fails the first thing to catch fire are the rubber tubes on the bottom of the non-Mercury units. I think it is worth the extra money.

Thanks and good luck
Yep, i didnt know that until Eric Told me, I agree well worth it, still very easy to drain down. Merc Engenering sure paid off for that one.

oh and I have the bung welded on my tailpipes, and just keep an old O2 senser in it.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be careful that you have enough clearance on all four fixed SS water manifolds. I think you mat be worrying about a non-issue. If you use the CMI SS water line manifold and the CMI short hoses that can be trimmed, you have the flexibility to trim the hoses to length if needed to clear your rigging, stringers, etc.
If your water supply stops long enough to burn up the short 1" rubber 90 degree connector hoses, you have likely already incurred significant heat damage to multiply components....and likely the engines.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by Anchorman
I would look at Offshore Performance Spec in Ft Meyers Fla. Ask for Dennis I beleive. They were cheaper than Ateco by quite a bit on my tails last week Sorry I dont have the number with me right now.
I'll have to call them. I need a few sets of clamps. I noticed those things really vary in pricing. My 4 CMI tails are selling on ebay for about the cost of new clamps.