Ran the boat today with the new closed cooling system >

Ran the boat today with the new closed cooling system

Notices

Ran the boat today with the new closed cooling system

Old 05-03-2002, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran the boat today with the new closed cooling system

Ran the boat today with the new full closed cooling system. the system seems to work well.

I was running a 1 1/4 thru fitting with a bravo raw water pump and I was seeing over 30 psi of water pressure. I was concerned about the vortec intake gaskets failing and filling my block with water. With the closed cooling system i am getting 5 to 7 psi in the block. The cap has a 14 pound release. My engine and risers have gone from stone cold to 160 on the temp guage and hand warm on the risers. My engine runs fine with the hotter t-stat.

I warmed the engine up at the dock and the motor shifted and ran as good as it ever has. I was concerned of a pressure build up after shutting down the system but the pressure remained about the same. The max rpm I ran was 4200 and the temp started to creeep up a little. I don't know if this system could handle 5000 for very long.

I found the part number on the riser gasket that the closed cooling company told me to replace. The part number is 8503-GB. I know the closed cooling company did not make these gaskets and I don't know who made them. I hated to redo my work but it is better to change the riser gaskets than the entire engine. I was happy they told me there might be a problem with the riser gaskets. I am sure someone on this board knows who makes these gaskets.

After having my motor apart a couple of times in the last six months I am amazed how fast the corrision builds even in fresh water. I know that corrision played a factor in the failure of my engine. I am very happy with the performance of my new engine now if it will only last a few years.