Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Smartcraft System View Race Edition Help >

Smartcraft System View Race Edition Help

Notices

Smartcraft System View Race Edition Help

Old 09-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What you are likely seeing is the trim popup.

In the settings, set the trim popup time to 0 seconds to disable it completely, and see if the problem goes away.

If you still want to use the trim popup, but it is being activated too often, (turn the popup time back >0 and) raise the popup delta (the amount the trim needs to move to trigger the popup) up 0.1% or 0.2% at a time until the trim screen does not popup without trimming. This will let you use the trim popup, without it being a nuisance.

Depending on the type of drive, and trim calibration the popup may be triggered without trimming because the sending unit is very accurate, and the drives can move around a bit.

Also check for worn bushings in the drive, this may be causing the trim to change constantly, activating the popup.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Registered

Rufnek100, I would like a copy of this manual too please. I tried to PM you but you're over the message limit on here.

Also, can I update just my screen to the newer VesselView without much hassle? I.E., is the wiring harness to the SmartCraft the same on the newer, color screens?
Old 12-17-2013, 07:37 AM
Registered

Leethal - I just cleared out my message box - try again
Old 12-18-2013, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Yes, I had the same race view that you have and was having the same issue. I swapped to a color vessel view, it's plug n play but the cutout is slightly different. I wanted to go with a vessel view 7 but it's significantly bigger. The colors of the bezel (dark grey/ light grey) on the color vessel view also match Garmins perfectly
Old 12-18-2013, 07:41 AM
Registered

PremierPower,
Is the "Race Edition" intelligence actually in the screen itself or is that in the SmartCraft system? I have found some of the newer, color VesselView screens online, but they don't say Race Edition. Or, is there such thing as Race Edition on the new color ones?
Old 12-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm honestly not quite sure. I actually didn't realize the size difference in the new vessel view 7 and went out and bought one only to find out that it wouldn't fit where I wanted it. We had a spare cummins mercruiser vesel view to our Meridian so I plugged it in and doesn't seem to be any different

Originally I didn't think that there was a race edition color vessel view but with a little more research, it looks like there may be. There is not a lot of info out there and I can't even find a solid definition of the difference between the race edition and non race edition. If I remember correctly, the race edition has the tabs and drive indicators as well as prop slip. I'm going to send some emails and see if I can find out and will post my findings.

Also, I know the original vessel view is the sc5000 but what is the actual model of the color unit? I can't even find that

Here is the original SC5000 (ignore the Formula prop cover, just wanted to protect the steering wheel while I was working around it ha)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514497[/ATTACH]

Here is the outline of the vessel view 7 where I wanted it to go
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514498[/ATTACH]

Here is a comparison of the two just for reference on how much bigger the VV7 is
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514499[/ATTACH]

Here is the color unit installed and plugged in
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514500[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Smartcraft System View Race Edition Help-image.jpg   Smartcraft System View Race Edition Help-image.jpg   Smartcraft System View Race Edition Help-image.jpg  

Smartcraft System View Race Edition Help-image.jpg  
Old 07-31-2014, 08:56 AM
Registered

Hi this is Don Bliss can you forward me the SC 5000 race edition manual please. Thanks Don
Old 07-31-2014, 01:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by donbliss
Hi this is Don Bliss can you forward me the SC 5000 race edition manual please. Thanks Don
PM me your email address
Old 08-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Registered

Here is a link to the SC5000 manual on my Google Drive: https://docs.google.com/a/lockwood.u...p=docslist_api
Old 04-09-2021, 06:27 PM
Registered

Can someone send me this file. The file above no longer works

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.