Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Dual Carb Adapter Gasket On Blower ? >

Dual Carb Adapter Gasket On Blower ?

Notices

Dual Carb Adapter Gasket On Blower ?

Old 06-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replied to your other post... We went the screen route... The blower is pulling the air down, if the carbs can keep up and flow, the screens are added insurance... Had a couple Holley HP's and 1 dropped a Booster through the blower and a vent tube... The booster was in the intake and didn't go down through the motor, the vent tube did, and we saw the affects of it on the valve it went through... With a completely new build and updated blower rebuild, the insurance of the screens weren't even an option. Yah, it might hinder the flow a little, but with the blower sucking air through the screen and the fuel being all mixed up anyway, why not add the insurance... I wish we did dyno pulls with and without the screens so we could show the differences, but the new carbs we put on just didn't flow and we ran out of time after 2 days on the dyno chasing them. The new Nickerson carbs will be here tomorrow.... They'll flow way better, and I don't think it will be an issue with screens...
Old 06-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by headshothills
I replied to your other post... We went the screen route... The blower is pulling the air down, if the carbs can keep up and flow, the screens are added insurance... Had a couple Holley HP's and 1 dropped a Booster through the blower and a vent tube... The booster was in the intake and didn't go down through the motor, the vent tube did, and we saw the affects of it on the valve it went through... With a completely new build and updated blower rebuild, the insurance of the screens weren't even an option. Yah, it might hinder the flow a little, but with the blower sucking air through the screen and the fuel being all mixed up anyway, why not add the insurance... I wish we did dyno pulls with and without the screens so we could show the differences, but the new carbs we put on just didn't flow and we ran out of time after 2 days on the dyno chasing them. The new Nickerson carbs will be here tomorrow.... They'll flow way better, and I don't think it will be an issue with screens...
Again , I have no issue with the screens themselves . When the manufacturer put the gasket together they put way too much gasket material way out into the screens to the point it will be an air dam . Do any of the manufacturers make a high flow screened gasket that addresses this ? When I get a chance I'll take some pics so you guys can see just what it is I'm talking about .
Old 06-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the deep
Again , I have no issue with the screens themselves . When the manufacturer put the gasket together they put way too much gasket material way out into the screens to the point it will be an air dam . Do any of the manufacturers make a high flow screened gasket that addresses this ? When I get a chance I'll take some pics so you guys can see just what it is I'm talking about .
Ahh good point... I just used what Supercharger USA gave me for it... I don't have a pic of mine, but I assume there is more than 1 MFG of these. Maybe call them and ask which gasket they use...
Old 06-04-2014, 11:44 PM
Charter Member #394
Charter Member

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

You are correct, the gasket I have under the carbs does not protrude past the carb adapter plate. The plate openings are smaller than the blower opening (using 4150 carbs). Don't know where Brad sourced it though.