Timing a custom supercharged engine >

Timing a custom supercharged engine

Notices

Timing a custom supercharged engine

Old 10-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
thanks mild,now you have me think about droping 1500. bucks and try this.
Anytime I can get a friend to spend money, I feel great! Mike, I think you might be a perfect candidate for this. You think Dave down at the dyno would be up for playing with this setup? Maybe when we can bring yours down to the dyno, and skype Eddie in for some live tuning assistance
Old 10-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 4,322 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
thanks mild,now you have me think about droping 1500. bucks and try this.
Yeah, hes good for coming up with ideas to spend my money on !!

Old 10-05-2014, 08:03 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

It's always more fun when someone else is paying !
Old 10-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Yeah, hes good for coming up with ideas to spend my money on !!

Yes, but think of all the good deals I find you! Even though your spending, your saving!
Old 10-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Yes, but think of all the good deals I find you! Even though your spending, your saving!
You're starting to sound like my wife. She walks in with 2 arms full of bags and says "guess how much I saved". I don't want to know what you saved, I want to know what you spent.

I would be more than happy to help out on Skype, or in person if the timing is right. Just let me know.
Eddie
Old 10-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

This thread and the dyno thread are great. Informative without bashing.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Anytime I can get a friend to spend money, I feel great! Mike, I think you might be a perfect candidate for this. You think Dave down at the dyno would be up for playing with this setup? Maybe when we can bring yours down to the dyno, and skype Eddie in for some live tuning assistance
i need to check the piggybank because this might get expensive.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe, with timing control you're just one step closer to the dark side.. Once you experience being able to have almost any amount of timing at any rpm and load, you know you're going to want to have the same control of your AFR... And I don't mean having a nice consistent curve, I'm talking about being able to idle at 14 and have it drop to 12.5 the second it goes into gear, then climbing back to 13.5 while you're idling through the no wake zone. Having it rock solid when getting on plane, and being able to command any AFR you choose based on load and rpm. AFR adjusting for coolant, and air temp, while the timing adjusts automatically for air temp as well. Because this is the logical progression, it would be worth considering purchasing a Holley HP ecu and wiring harness. You can use it with your carbs until you're ready to make the inevitable switch. It will do all your timing controls, programmable knock, guardian type system, instead of a buzzer that goes off when you're down to 6#'s oil psi like the factory, you can program it for any pressure you want, fuel pressure, air temp warning, etc. Massive datalogging capacity, IAT, AFR, timing, knock level, coolant temp, oil temp, etc. Wanna try meth injection instead of an intercooler (yes you do) it'll do that too. Then when you're finally ready to give up carbs, you and Mike T can drill some holes in your carb adapters, pick up some universal fuel rails, and buy some throttle bodies. Food for thought...
Old 10-05-2014, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by donzi matt
Antilagging a big turbo is fuking awesome. Try doing it at a stoplight when a Prius is behind you.
i use to do in on my rx1 (snowmobile) to get the phuckin person ahead of me to move over,,damm slow pokes..
Old 10-06-2014, 06:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Joe, with timing control you're just one step closer to the dark side.. Once you experience being able to have almost any amount of timing at any rpm and load, you know you're going to want to have the same control of your AFR... And I don't mean having a nice consistent curve, I'm talking about being able to idle at 14 and have it drop to 12.5 the second it goes into gear, then climbing back to 13.5 while you're idling through the no wake zone. Having it rock solid when getting on plane, and being able to command any AFR you choose based on load and rpm. AFR adjusting for coolant, and air temp, while the timing adjusts automatically for air temp as well. Because this is the logical progression, it would be worth considering purchasing a Holley HP ecu and wiring harness. You can use it with your carbs until you're ready to make the inevitable switch. It will do all your timing controls, programmable knock, guardian type system, instead of a buzzer that goes off when you're down to 6#'s oil psi like the factory, you can program it for any pressure you want, fuel pressure, air temp warning, etc. Massive datalogging capacity, IAT, AFR, timing, knock level, coolant temp, oil temp, etc. Wanna try meth injection instead of an intercooler (yes you do) it'll do that too. Then when you're finally ready to give up carbs, you and Mike T can drill some holes in your carb adapters, pick up some universal fuel rails, and buy some throttle bodies. Food for thought...
I did not know that was possible with the Holley unit, to run with carbs! Oh man. Now look what I started. This chit is getting out of hand quickly ! Good info!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.