Going blown have a few questions?

Notices

Going blown have a few questions?

Old 12-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bawana
Thanks Mike.... couple other questions for ya.... have you ever run like 32 or 34* with an afr at around 11.7 or higher? What egt's were you getting at 32* and any numbers at 30* when you dyno'd your motor? 50 hp by 2* drop, .... that is a kick in the nads... but ya if the motor wants more, then I guess. Do you run 91 or 93? Detonation just scares me & I have enough JE ashtrays sitting around, but this summer I m thinking of upping my timing, not for the power but for those over 15 minute WOT runs. I also have enough junk vales on the shelf.... At least with the burnt pistons you can use them for ashtrays... is there any use for the junk vales? lol
15 min wfo I wana ride,

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:18 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Want2gofast a lot of people say dont run the return back to the filter head,claim heated fuel, Hardin/cp makes a pipe that goes in the fuel filler hose and I dump my fuel back there which ends up in the tank. the other side of that is its putting aireated fuel back into the tank .im just throw that out there, theres always diff ways to do the same thing.

as far as carbs, my old Scarab had a 496 8/71 with 2 1050's,this was recommenced by Oddy years ago,..... Now I have that same 8/71 and 2 1050 doms on a 355ci motor in my Chevelle I call it ZoomZoomBoom

good luck with the AO that will be a fun ride with power in it!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]534865[/ATTACH]

now you all know anybody can make a dyno sheet show it making what ever,theres many diff ways to do that and make it look within reason Ive seen even on my motors around 40hp diff with diff days diff temps etc, and dyno the 2 motors in the same day and be about 25hp between the 2,, like Bob RMBuilder has seen some builders claim the motor made more power than the other guy, have a dyno sheet and the boat slowed down, or in another case stayed the same speed

I had a motor i built 20+ years ago and was dynoed by Larry Meaux http://www.maxracesoftware.com/, He told me up front that I was NOT going to like the dyno sheet #;s, that some peoples dynos are more forgiving, But when I started out first pull with a tune I thought was on, went from 425hp to 502 hp on a 355ci 93 oct, and that was not changing any parts,
Attached Thumbnails Going blown have a few questions?-bigbird-alive-001.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 12-27-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a few more questions on my fuel tank has dual pickups can I put a y fitting and draw out of both. I'm running 10an fuel lines also I picked up a mercury racing oil filter head how can I tell if it has a thermostat. Thanks
Old 01-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

one pickup with a 5/8 straw would work fine.theoil filter head with a thermostat is square and will have 4 oil lines.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Registered

thanks Mike I'm going to check and see what size of fuel pickup I have tomorrow. I know it has 1/2 npt fitting coming out of the 90degree fitting
Old 01-11-2015, 10:41 AM
Registered

I have two 1/2 fuel pickups can I T them I'm running 10 an hose thanks. Just trying to get fuel system ready for future power upgrades.