Notices

HaxbySpeed

Old 02-21-2016, 08:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,077 Likes on 1,363 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
GPM - My 598 should produce 750 HP NA and will produce 1425 with the M4 installed. I don't have a lot of room to the side of the carb now. I don't believe I have the room to get the inlet pipe up into the hood scoop to connect to the hat.
That just blow's me away, add a hair dryer and double the HP
Old 02-21-2016, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
I don't think I have the room to use a standard intake and throttle body and still have room for the hat elbow on top of the throttle body.
I feel your pain !

The Extreme Velocity dominator hat is HUGE !

Don't know how I'm going to fit it under my hatch..

Old 02-21-2016, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
That just blow's me away, add a hair dryer and double the HP
Boost can be your best friend for making power. Check out the air temps. I doubt this combo Dennis Rogers built, had the stock procharger intercooler . I wanna say it had a custom built BIG intercooler from Dave at Wesco.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
procharged 600.pdf (970.3 KB, 154 views)
Old 02-21-2016, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Mild Thunder

My 598 is basically the SAME engine is Dennis Rogers using the same M4 Procharger. I am just going to run it NA for at least one year. The limiting factor with it in NA is the intake manifold and Holley HP 950 carb. With a bigger intake and carb it would probably produce more than 750 HP.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

phughes69 -- why would I need a cam sensor if I am running a degree wheel? Also the engine has a solid roller cam - will a knock sensor even work?
Old 02-21-2016, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Cam sensor is only if you want to run sequential fire. If you run waste fire, you only need crank sensor. You can run waste fire setup with LS coils, I did it. Alex told me no advantage to running sequential on a marine motor and only makes install more complicated. I ended up just using a Mallory oil pump drive plug where my distributor used to be.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto on sequential fire vs. waste fire not having a significant advantage... I've tried it both ways and both provide clean burn and the same power results on the water (tested on the same day). I am running with the cam syncs installed, but I just unplugged the wire to keep the system simpler (using the Holley Crank Trigger with DIS coils).

As far as kits, they can save you a ton of money. The issue for you is, most of them come with the throttle body - but I'm not sure that's an issue. I went with the universal retrofit kit (Holley 550-500). I confirmed with Holley what parts come with it, at the time, the kit saved me almost exactly $800 per engine and I didn't use the fuel rails they provided. The ECM, throttle body (if you use it), rails, injector bungs, billet regulator, Wide Band O2 and harness, sensors, Power Harness, Main Harness, and injector harnesses included - along with some smaller parts too. It still allows you to buy your injectors, fuel pump, etc...

I guess the question I would have is if you're only planning to run for a year or so NA, you may want to keep things simple and run the Holley 1000 CFM throttle body. The rating is based on dry flow and will out perform or at worst, match a Holley 950 HP. Like you said, your intake will be a potential restriction anyway. The Holley TB is billet and is a really nice piece. I planned to try the FAST higher flowing ones and the 1000 has been so good overall I just can't justify it. So since the Holley 1000 CFM TB comes with the kit, and sells separately for $560, you're better than getting it for free. Try it and sell it if you don't like it.

I did the 556-101 DIS kit on mine... and couldn't be happier. By the way - I'm not sure why you're listing the 556-111 as well, the 556-101 comes with coils, harness, and complete crank trigger kit... it works awesome and has been used on high performance daily drivers on the Holley Forums for several years now without complaints.

I'd double check with Haxby on the Holley Billet fuel pumps, from what I've been hearing the one you have listed (12-890) is actually really doing well compared to the older Holley pumps. Obviously how close to the fuel pump you mount it, how high relative to the tank (pressure head), whether you use a helper pump, and how it's wired will play into the life of any pump. Mine are going strong after 3 years... so I'm not there yet myself.

My $.02

Last edited by Tibbstoy2; 02-22-2016 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Sequential allows you to trim your fuel between the cylinders for better distribution. It also allows trimming of the spark advance per cylinder. With the new V4 Holley software both of these variables are custom table configurable.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ACrooks69
You've specifically had problems with the inline and dominator pump or the older gearotor style? I have the dual motor dominator pump and its worked very well for the past 4 or 5 years. What's nice is the dual pump fits nicely on the old Cool Fuel bracket that hangs off the motor mount.
Specifically:
160 GPH Dominator In-Line Billet Fuel Pump
Street/Strip Carb or EFI Applications Supports up to 1600 EFI or 1800 Carb...

Part# 12-1600
Old 02-22-2016, 02:41 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by yschmidt
Specifically:
160 GPH Dominator In-Line Billet Fuel Pump
Street/Strip Carb or EFI Applications Supports up to 1600 EFI or 1800 Carb...

Part# 12-1600
At what PSI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.