Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Exhaust water flow question? >

Exhaust water flow question?

Notices

Exhaust water flow question?

Old 06-01-2016, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Exhaust water flow question?

Over the winter i have gone to a whole new setup. With that setup went to a much larger cam that put the power/torque curve in a much more useful place for me and how i ride and cruise. With that being said i had my risers extended to a dry to tip setup which is (25-26" from bottom of top bend in riser). With that being said the only thing left is to open the baffling plate (between the 3" and 4" pipe) to allow the water to exit. The risers have a 1"ID jumper hose that runs from each Stainless Marine manifold to the riser. How much room in terms of AREA in either 3/16th or 5/16th increments should be allowed for the water to exit? My setup is listed below.

SBC 436/ Dart Little M block
New seapump impeller and housing
Running a circulating pump on front of motor also
runs Bravo 1 raw water pickup to sea pump to oil cooler to circ. pump then 1" t-stat reducers to risers and exits
**not running a tstat but a oil thermostat and running aftermarket fuel injection. will put smaller reducer in if temps do not reach 140-150**

Im looking for atleast a few numbers to go by to have a ball park. Will regulate water pressure once i have a ball park. Currently has 1" tstat reducer in it. Original high flow tstat miced ID was 1.21" so thats why the 1" is in it.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump** anybody have anything about the outlet size of there water jacketed pipe? I would think somebody should be able to come up with something fairly easy?