Notices

Vinyl Wrap?

Old 11-14-2016, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 1,492 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
How many friends do you have? I'm thinking at least one on each end with one or two in the middle working the squeegee out. It's not a one person job.
Depends on the time of year. Lol... I hear what your saying though and this being a case where to many can be catastrophic and not enough could be devistating. It be most important having the select few who you can communicate with signals and body language. Otherwise you get the everyone is an expert so listen to my idea kind of day. You know the drill.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

John, actually it can be a one person job. The surface is wetted with soapy water and there is plenty of time to accurately position and squeegee the graphics. I did ten foot graphics on my center console by myself. I just tape up the paper covered graphics with good quality masking tape and then get reference points with tape at the corners and elsewhere so that it is easy to align everything when it is wet out. Of course, a friend's help would be nice. Bob.
Old 11-15-2016, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Maaco is what I assume to be like an earl scheibes here in MI. They use to paint cars dp for like 150 bucks and it looked like it. Well unfortunately I worked in a body shop for years during school and learned two things. How to paint and how much I didn't ever want to do it for a living. It's really not a matter of the how much I wanna spend but more so it's for a temporary project until one of my homes sell or golf course sells. I doubt the boat would see water more than a season so perfection isn't huge concern. Something I was going to keep long term or sell would be completely different.

Was kinda trying to get more if an idea of how difficult it is to apply more so than how it looks etc. I realize pros cons but if it's not something I should tackle I will just paint it. That I know I can do.
tried to tell/show you...then got plenty of comments from other experts...and the post above is prime example, you NEVER install wrap material wet

Last edited by ezstriper; 11-15-2016 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I hate peeling off old registration stickers and stupid names on the back of boats - I'd be furious if I had to do that on the whole boat! No wraps for me.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 1,492 Likes on 807 Posts

Either way it's real basic. Here's a carbon copy year etc with deck mods
Attached Thumbnails Vinyl Wrap?-image.jpg  
Old 11-15-2016, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
tried to tell/show you...then got plenty of comments from other experts...and the post above is prime example, you NEVER install wrap material wet
I was going to say the same thing!

If you buy the right material with the pressure sensitive adhesive and the air release channels then you could do it by yourself. I would highly suggest at least one other guy to hold the wrap off the boat as you position, remove the release liner and get a portion of it stuck down!

Old 11-15-2016, 06:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by easyrider1340
I hate peeling off old registration stickers and stupid names on the back of boats - I'd be furious if I had to do that on the whole boat! No wraps for me.
Cheap material, hard to come off. Decent quality material, comes off almost as easy as it went on!
Old 11-15-2016, 06:42 PM
Registered

Watch this video!

You will see that no soapy water is being used!

https://youtu.be/zjlYXMOFtBg
Old 11-15-2016, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Raceline Digital uses high gloss, color vinyl film, not a printed product. There are several advantages, our graphics are die-cut so there is no overlapping material and so allows for repair should you damage any part of the graphic - just remove and we can open your production file and cut the element(s) so you are not stuck with having to remove the entire side like other products.

Anyone looking to replace their existing graphics can submit a side photo to us. Select some graphics listed on our website and we will mockup what the graphics will look like free of charge. This is the link - https://www.racelinedigital.com/stor...00261efd0b02bd

Happy to answer any questions you have, been servicing the marine community for over 20 years.

Chris

Last edited by Chris M; 11-16-2016 at 12:21 AM.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when it comes to removal, couple of things, if it sits in direct sun all of the time, about 3-4 years is all you are going to get out of a wrap on top surfaces, and if thats the case some are going to be hard to remove, some company's say clean removal 3 years. If it already is starting to crack up...you are done...going to be hating life removing. Another thing, seeing chinese knock off material all over now, we do lots of installs where people buy online bring to us to install, seen names to try to fool people being used, again buyer beware of what you buy online when comes to this, there are good company's out there selling quality material, but lots selling garbage...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.