Old 03-13-2017, 09:45 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

I remember that !
Old 03-13-2017, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yah your right, I have crappy exaust to boot. I cant lose site of my goal, bullet proof, reliable, with a little touch of go fast. I don't have money falling out of my azz either. Hope to do a road trip up your way in the next 2 years I bought charts for the Grand Traverse Bay and Leelanau area. Wont be this summer this summer will all about getting road and seaworthy again. Thanks.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:59 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

What crappy exhaust???? Reversion could be a concern with a cam upgrade depending on exhaust.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Nova Rob
You guys are great! thank you all for your input, think I'm going try that comp 284 and stay on the conservative side. Got one more for those interested, I have been running a Edelbrock performer daul plain intake and thinking it might be time to switch to a single plain. Torker II / Victor jr ??.
Is it the Performer RPM? I'm also right at those crossroads that getterdun mentioned with a mild 502 build and have done a ton of googling on it. The Performer RPM is an impressive unit especially if it's the air gap. I personally find myself boating in the 2-4K rpm range and only occasionally get up over 5k so I decided to stick with the Performer RPM that I have even though it's not an air gap.

Originally Posted by getrdunn
It's wasn't OSO related. It was the fraudulent individual who bought my home after befriended me for 6 months. I'm moving forward though but took a pretty good hit!
That sucks ugly donkey d... sorry to hear that. Sometimes even when you do everything right things still go upside down.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

I really like the performance of dual planes. My partner and I use to run identacle boats with very similar builds other than his was dart single plane and I chose to run torker ll intake (years ago) and I had excellent mid range acceleration and would pull him however he would eventually sneak by me but very slowly. Just depends I guess on what individual needs or likes are all about. Advantage of a good single plane now would be if considering future power and top end speed. I understsnd my personnel preference is debatable but no real right or wrong here. Both have their purposes.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:13 PM
Registered

stock silence choice out the out drive I love it the jack boots don't even bother with me , I love it . I know it needs a real exuast I'm thinking abought it. more $$$$ 20/ 30 Hp. Whats a poor boy to do.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:35 PM
Registered

stock silent choice y pipe What say you?
Old 03-15-2017, 01:22 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

You cannot upgrade the cam with stock Merc cast iron exhaust and short silent choice risers.
The cam overlap will cause water to get sucked back into the engine.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:10 PM
Registered

Thanks Griff! that sure would be a kick in the croch. Do you know of a reasonably priced set up. I am totally ignorant with marine exhaust and I mite as well get it done and over with. cant even get the valve covers off with those manifolds on.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by Nova Rob
Thanks Griff! that sure would be a kick in the croch. Do you know of a reasonably priced set up. I am totally ignorant with marine exhaust and I mite as well get it done and over with. cant even get the valve covers off with those manifolds on.
Look for a set of used exhaust with dry pipes in the swap. Stainless marine, Gil's, emi's etc. Not uncommon to not be able to remove valve covers without sliding exhaust back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.