Notices

cam shafts

Old 03-13-2017, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
This site bickering about cams, never heard of such a thing.....^^^^^
What u talking about??? We never do that. Lol... hey at least were all getting along. I honestly like to see that. My last few weeks have been horrible and this is the one thing I enjoy and takes my mind off chit.

Good group of people here all wanting to achieve the same end result. Doing what we enjoy and having fun.

Regarding that comp cam I never even knew of. How I let that slip by I have no idea but was wise on comps behalf. Good cam.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont be scared of a larger cam shaft lift or duration, if you keep the lobe seperation up over 114 is calms the motor down and helps give it a flatter power band. It will make less peak power but for general boating it works better.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Old 03-13-2017, 07:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
That's funny! Not to change the subject but Tim gonna dyno or just wing it. Been pretty quiet lately. Hope he does well.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:00 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,117 Likes on 1,403 Posts

On MT's theme, this is the last I saw of FF.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
On MT's theme, this is the last I saw of FF.

I kinda lost it a couple weeks ago as you remember and snapped a brand new apple laptop over my knee. It does happen. Lol.. I'm trying to get better. When I snap it's not real pretty but it's not that often thank goodness.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:21 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,117 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
I kinda lost it a couple weeks ago as you remember and snapped a brand new apple laptop over my knee. It does happen. Lol.. I'm trying to get better. When I snap it's not real pretty but it's not that often thank goodness.
Yikes ! I don't remember. I must have not been around...which is strange. LOL.

I do it with handset phones. Much cheaper. That's why I buy models with 4 handsets, only needing two.

Just as a friendly FYI / DYI to help a brother with a cheaper solution.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are great! thank you all for your input, think I'm going try that comp 284 and stay on the conservative side. Got one more for those interested, I have been running a Edelbrock performer daul plain intake and thinking it might be time to switch to a single plain. Torker II / Victor jr ??.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:11 PM
Registered

Rob your at the crossing roads with intake considering your cubic inch however I think you'll. Be happier with dual plane. My personnel view point on that based on experience is 500 ci and over use single plane and under go with dual plane. Regardless you could use either and still make power but I just think for what your doing and based your cam choice I'd go dual plane. If you were going all out on build and going to run consistently above 5,700 then I'd say single plane. You'll want all the torque you can get. I've never used air gap but have the torkerll on some builds and really did well for me. I know some might say Vic jr and that's fine however just speaking from experience. On my last set of 496 builds I came close to using dual plane but ended up single plane primarily because of a light weight twin app. OSO member bought them and dyno'd 623 hp at 6k.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Yikes ! I don't remember. I must have not been around...which is strange. LOL.

I do it with handset phones. Much cheaper. That's why I buy models with 4 handsets, only needing two.

Just as a friendly FYI / DYI to help a brother with a cheaper solution.
It's wasn't OSO related. It was the fraudulent individual who bought my home after befriended me for 6 months. I'm moving forward though but took a pretty good hit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.