Notices

crane box?

Old 05-28-2003, 04:09 PM
bobby daniels

tHATS FINE EVERYONE NEEDS COMPITION ,FOR SURE ,,,i JUST HATE BEING THE GUNIEY PIG !!! msd WORKS FINE WITH MERC DIST. HALL EFFECT IS GREAT ALSO as I said the digital msd has the same features with in reason as cranes ,,as long as your happy thats great

This is just like ford and chevy owners each think they have the best just hope Crane doesn't prove to be an EDsoil
thx

Old 05-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got about 200 hours on my Crane Box. Running it with a MSD billit distributor and a Crane PS-92 coil. In the same time frame, I know of AT LEAST 4 MSD boxes that have puked. 3 of them on OSO boats.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:44 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know of more MSD boxes that puked than I know Crane boxes.
But then again , Bobby Daniels and I have already had this conversation
I want to add rev limiters to mine as soon as the weather clears (if ever) and I can dial in my props. I'm NOT using MSD
Old 05-28-2003, 08:34 PM
bobby daniels

yes mopower you said it right there aren't many crane boxes out there wonder why ,, and I guess you know as well the ratio of boxes on the maket for the companies so we can get the defect ratio right as there are so many more MSD's than Crane in use
I have customers with both units that fail as parts do ,but like you said there less cranes so I know of more MSD's ..
I've had a 6A msd on a 81 pick-up since 82 so they last aswell

IF YOUR HAPPY WITH IT USE IT PLEASE ,,,,I'm just trying to help people use what the majority use for some reason ,but just because I voice my opinion,I SAY again use what you like its no skin off my nose

theres noth else to be said on this your right about that to mopower,have a good night

Old 05-28-2003, 09:07 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

The score at 10:15pm

MSD 2

Crane 5
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Old 05-28-2003, 09:40 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything but MSD unless you're running 7,000 rpm. Two bad boxes in three years and the rust bucket distributors belong at the bottom of the lake.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:33 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

11:30pm score

MSD 2

Crane 6
Old 05-28-2003, 10:58 PM
MAG502NUM

The guy aboe B.D> even said Crane was o.k. ,they all break MSD just sells more and is alot better for most people

Dude-[CESSNA] why do you even care what B.D. says? Who is B.D.? Bruce Dudley? or Bobby Daniels? I assume Bobby Daniels since you ALWAYS AGREE with him. Where do you boat? You list several awsome boats in your past posts- Someone must know you? Do you fly a Cessna? Ilove to fly. Please dont stay a stranger. We really are a "Comfy Cozy" group.

Last edited by MAG502NUM; 05-29-2003 at 10:35 AM.

Old 05-29-2003, 02:37 AM
FindMe

Crane sucks PERIOD... you guys kill me... why don't you run Crane distributors too huh? BECAUSE CRANE MAKES FUNKY CAMS, NOT IGN SYSTEMS! Why do you all have MSD distributors if they are so bad, why dontcha run dual point distributors? Why does Nascar, NHRA, TEAQUE, STERLING or anyone else who builds upper end, high dollar race tolerant anything (boats, cars, trucks, cycles etc.) use MSD exclusively? Tell ya what, first time I see a boat needing a tow because a Crane box took a dump I will throw you a paddle. I'd be willing to bet those who have had problems with MSD boxes are using solid core wires, and can't even spell electricity... let alone understand that doing the things they tell you not to in the "instructions" is what kills them... ANY product is as good as the installer, and if you ignore the simple things cause you "know better" and something else is cheaper, it's only a matter of time. And how many hours of use do MSD products log monthly VS Crane? rotflmao I love it... crane 6 msd 2 my ass....

Old 05-29-2003, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

<ANY product is as good as the installer>

Findme,
If that quote stands for MSD it should stand for Crane as well, right?

BTW, I'll give anyone that's having trouble a tow - not just the ones that agree with me on engine configs.

Quick Reply: crane box?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.