Warning buzzer wiring diagram

Notices

Warning buzzer wiring diagram

Old 03-24-2005, 07:09 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Warning buzzer wiring diagram

Anyone have a diagram of this, specifically for a '99 502MPI?
Need the diagram for the motor side of the plug. Dash would be great to.

My alarm has never worked, so trying to trouble shoot. problem is it is different than my '94 manual.
BTW, this is with both motors. So something must be screwed up under the dash, but want to know how it works from the motors. I used to be able to just ground the lead at the motor and check at the dash on my old boat, but this boat is not working that way.

And a few questions:

I can ground out the lead at either of my drive bottles, but nothing registers at the dash. No continuity anywhere. Has a diode in the lead coming from the motor before the alarms, so thinking that my not allow it to register??? Also wire colors are different from the dash to the motor plug, (tan/blue), and at the drive bottle (brown/white) and oil press switch. What gives? This tied into the computer somehow too?

AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not an electrician, but know that something ain't right.

Would greatly appreciate either a good link to this, or a copy thru email. [email protected]
Thanks

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 03-24-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:54 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Warning buzzer wiring diagram

I sent you a wiring diagram. I hope it helps.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't have a diagram, but if this is a fountain , they normally run one larger alarm and two relays to trigger using the alarm trigger wire(tan w/blue stripe). hence the use of diode's . i have found horn and relays to be faulty at times. try using a d.v.o.m and ohm out the alarm system wiring. start at the engine sending unit lead's, ( low oil press, temp, dive bottle) to harness plug. then from plug end of harness to the dash. do each harness independently so you can isolate the problem. good luck.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should be 12V+ on one side of the buzzer through the switch (switch must be on).

Try grounding other side of buzzer with switch on and see if it works.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:51 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Update. Pull up a chair.

Yes, this is on my Fountain.
Since new, the 2 Fountain installed dash warning lights, single buzzer, and 2 Merc installed buzzers on at the same time when the key is turned on. My goal is to separate the 2 lights and 2 merc buzzers but keep the large louder buzzer common. Lights and buzzer work fine with jumper wires. But, for reason, if when idling and a motor dies, no warning buzzer or lights come on. Just the small ones in the gauges if I happen to notice. Also didn't work independently. Buzzer and lights wouldn't test sound when the key is 1st turned on, 1 motor at a time. Both keys had to be on in order for the buzzer to sound. It's a screwed up mess.

On to my progress/findings tonight.

One of the Merc installed buzzers must have the self test bad. It will not self test, but will operate when jumper wire used to gnd. Going to replace that buzzer. Diodes checked fine. I was able to separate the indicator lights independently as my initial goal. Had to add 2 more diodes. That in turn separated the 2 small MERC buzzers as they were intended. Both of the relays had 2 of the leads switched. Most of the problem! Everything works now at the dash as suppose to, 2 seperate systems, under all key positions, and motors off or on, but only IF I run a jumper wire directly to ground, in place of the wire coming from the motors and grounding out the drive bottles. I can not ground out any of the leads at the motors to make this work. Plus, the drive bottle uses a tan/white wire that disappears into the EFI harness, blue wire for oil press, goes into a different loom. Can't check for continuity because the damn wires change colors and go into hiding.

Sounds like BOTH motors have an open in the signal wire inside the motor harness????????????
Old 03-25-2005, 12:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if i am not mistaken its the same harness. take your time and weed out the harness.with the ohm meter. once found double check with voltage.

Last edited by monstaaa; 03-25-2005 at 12:58 AM.